engine swap 2L-TE to 1KZ-TE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap 2L-TE to 1KZ-TE

Can anyone help? i got a 1993 hilux surf with 2L-TE engine. My problem is hardstarting and white smoke coming out on the exhaust.I have brought it to 2 mechanic and both suggested of engine overhaul because of busted piston rings.Did anyone of you encountered same problem?what could be the cause? i have read many feedbacks on 2L-TE engine like crack cylinder head. Right now im considering of an engine swap to 1KZ-TE instead of rebuilding the engine,has anyone tried the engine swap? can you give me feedbacks? will my old tranny on my 2L-TE fit to 1KZ-TE engine?

I've a friend with an ex 2-LT now 1KZ-T 4Runner. The swap is pretty easy.

The only problem is your diffs are 4.56 and the 1KZ-T ones are 4.11 or 4.30 (Talking about M/T), but it's easy to solve, put some 33's under it and you'll be done.

David
    '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

Its not as straightforward as you would think! Wiring loom has differences also ECU & other bits.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

You've the E versions of each engine. In Spain we have the 1KZ-T in 4Runners or the 2L-T, not the 1KZ-TE, who was only in the Land Cruiser 90/95.

Also we don't have EGR's hehehe.

David
        '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

2L-TE to 1 KZ-TE is a huge job that very few have done. It's possible but most forget the idea after they find out what needs to be done. You will need the entire wiring loom ECU and other bits. New engine mountings need to be made as well.

Nev

Comment

Well i guess thats one big problem, the ECU .Perhaps i may consider a 3L engine? just to go away with it.

Comment

Working...
            X