3.0 td 3rd gen engine noise???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 td 3rd gen engine noise???????

Hi, Can Anyone Help? Ive Just Purchased A 1996 3rd Generation 3.0 Td Surf, The Vehicle Has A Vibration On Idling, And It Soundsto Be Coming From The Power Steering Pump Area, I Undestand That The Pumps On This Model Drive From Gears On The Engine Located Under The Injector Pump, If I Sit In The Vehicle And And When Stationary Turn The Steering To The Right Or Left And Hold It There The Vibration And Noise Go Away If I Let Go Of The Steering Wheel And It Returns To Center It Comes Back ,, Its ****** Annoying,, Can Anyone Please Help Or Give Me Some Idears,,, Thanks

power steering.................
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
      power steering.................
      Fluid.

Comment

............needs topping up.

Comment

Take the bottom hose off the power steering tank, after putting a bucket underneath to catch the oil. Get a funnel that you can jam into the hose. With a 5ltr bottle of power steering fluid get someone to start her up and pour the fluid into the funnel. Do this until you have used about half a bottle, and the fluid that enters the tank has no air in it. Stop the engine. re-fit the hose, fill tank with fluid. Start engine again and keep putting fluid into tank until it comes thru with no air and the level is correct. The system has now been flushed, and is full of fresh oil. If it still does it then I would suspect a faulty pump. Get someone to check the fluid return, by operating the steering while you look into the tank. The fluid flows into the tank when the steering is left alone. But when you start turning it, the fluid stops flowing into the tank. See if it still comes into the tank when operating the steering?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            Take the bottom hose off the power steering tank, after putting a bucket underneath to catch the oil. Get a funnel that you can jam into the hose. With a 5ltr bottle of power steering fluid get someone to start her up and pour the fluid into the funnel. Do this until you have used about half a bottle, and the fluid that enters the tank has no air in it. Stop the engine. re-fit the hose, fill tank with fluid. Start engine again and keep putting fluid into tank until it comes thru with no air and the level is correct. The system has now been flushed, and is full of fresh oil. If it still does it then I would suspect a faulty pump. Get someone to check the fluid return, by operating the steering while you look into the tank. The fluid flows into the tank when the steering is left alone. But when you start turning it, the fluid stops flowing into the tank. See if it still comes into the tank when operating the steering?
            MANY THANKS I WILL TRY THAT THIS WEEKEND, CHEERS

Comment

Working...
            X