Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECT/No dash light!!!

G,DAY ALL,
    Doing some hard time in oz for a while and bought myself a beaut of a surf 3L SSRX TD 94, have been giving it a good going over for a few weeks but on closer inspection my ECT light does not come on when pressed for some heavy hauling! would appreciate some ideas before pulling the beast to bits.

check the light bulb in the instrument cluster

Comment

Originally posted by ferret
      check the light bulb in the instrument cluster
      Thanks for the reply ferret, but before i start unscrewing the dash is there anyway of telling with an automatic if the gear change is held up for a bit longer, at what speed shall i maintain then push the ect button and what should expect to see or feel?

Comment

try it with a trailer up a hill at aboue 1/2 throttle - ECT should kick down more often
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

mine makes no difference anyway... i reckon it's a placebo button!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            mine makes no difference anyway... i reckon it's a placebo button!
            Am going on a drive 2morrow for about 400ks will give it full attention and gauge the surfs response.
            will keep you posted.

Also got the back today from the panel shop because the roof was blistered, drove behind the wife and noticed black smoke blowing acceleration and de-celeration but not on cruising. shot into the auto shop and picked up some injector cleaner and will put in 2morrow also and then try the egr mod on the way home to see if i can clear it.

Many thanks for your response.

Janner.

Comment

Originally posted by Janner
              G,DAY ALL,
              Doing some hard time in oz for a while and bought myself a beaut of a surf 3L SSRX TD 94, have been giving it a good going over for a few weeks but on closer inspection my ECT light does not come on when pressed for some heavy hauling! would appreciate some ideas before pulling the beast to bits.
              I had this with Mine. I took the switch out and found out that the multi plug had been disconnected. Reconnected it and hey presto it now works..
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
              X