Surf LN130 Autobox Idling speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf LN130 Autobox Idling speed

Gud Day, I recently bought a 1995 Hilux Surf SSR-X 3.0 TD with auto Transmission, I observed that the Idling speed is at 1000 RPM w/ the aircon off and about 1100 to 1150 RPM with the aircon on. would like to ask if any of you there owners of 3.0 1kz-TE engine surfs w/ Automatic transmission have this idling speed? if not so, I would like to know what Idling speed your Surfs are having and what might possibly be the cause of this quite high idling speed. Just popped up the hood and checked the throotle stop pin position and it is at the position where the throtttle would barely touch the pin. also newly replaced the air, fuel and oil filters. any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

Are you talking idle speed with drive selected or not.
    If it is that high in park or neutral and with engine at running temp, it is high.
    If that is tickover cold or with drive selected it's about right, as the auto box needs a little speed to run the gearbox oil pump or it would not hold at low tickover on a hill at tickover. Also the tickover will be up when cold.

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/30lt.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

IDLE SPEED - Manual - 700rpm
        - Auto - 800rpm
        - Aircon Idle Up - 950rpm
        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Thanks for the info, thats at Park or neutral gear with the engine running at working temperature anyway, Just yesterday i went to my uncles home and he advised me to see his mechanic who was a certified Mercedes benz and BMW mechanic. well 1st he thought that this was due to the EGR valve getting stuck at the open position. we eventually removed the EGR valve , Cleaned it with some Unleaded Fuel and a brush to get all of the carbon deposits out. Reinstalled the EGR valve and started the engine and.......... Problem is still there, He then next went to the electronic throttle sensor. and There it was!!!! Somebody before placed the adjustable throttle pin advanced. The mechanic (Reuben as he was called by the way) Then Adjusted the setting back to zero, installed the Electronic throttle sensor back and started the engine... and Wow was it good to hear the engine sound running at 750 rpm's, turned the aircon on and sounded at a sweet 800 to 850 rpm's whew!!! thought that this problem could never be solved. Thanks for the info on the throttle position sensor, now my surf's running good and no longer sounds like a generator at idle..

Comment

Working...
          X