X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ran out of diesel (not starting)

hi there

sorry for posting again!
    there doesnt seem to be any diesel coming through the injectors! i did try the single injector while cranking it but nothing came through! my dad sucked the fuel through the hose from the pipe that goes into the fuel filter any ideas? could the fuel pump be knackered? or am i doing something else wrong? should i buy more diesel to put into tank or is the 3 gallons enough to get pumped through to engine cos my dad seems to think that this isnt enough.
    btw do i just post on the same posting as earlier cos im a newb at this?
    sorry for hassel
    jind regards me

You could have a blockage in the fuel filter. Get someone, (your dad) to crank the engine over as you pump the plunger on top of the fuel filter housing.
    To repost click on 'REPLY' bottom right of the previous post, this will include the previous text in with yours, or click on 'POST REPLY' to post in a new 'window'

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      You could have a blockage in the fuel filter. Get someone, (your dad) to crank the engine over as you pump the plunger on top of the fuel filter housing.
      To repost click on 'REPLY' bottom right of the previous post, this will include the previous text in with yours, or click on 'POST REPLY' to post in a new 'window'
      Yep - definately give the plunger on top of the fuel filter a good pumping. Should feel pretty firm when properly primed.

Comment

I`ve read what others have written on another post about **** not getting into your fuel system just because you`ve run out of fuel, but on my Landcruiser, everytime I ran out of fuel the pipes became blocked and I had to use a pressure line to blow the **** back into the tank.

It was a right pain in the bot, but it definately got blocked due the fact the tank was low and sucking up ****.. Don`t ask me how , it just did. Maybe something larger than normal fell into the tank once while filling up?? I did used to use some dodgy containers to fill up from...... Perhaps a bit of plastic or other material small enough to fit down the filler tube and big enough to block a pipe?

So if you are having trouble, blowing the pipes back towards the tank with a air line might help, although I recall the hand primer used to go very stiff and hard to prime.

good luck
        [font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b][u]SSR-G SURF `N` REG 95[/u][/b][/color][/font]
        [img]http://tinypic.com/i1k95k.jpg[/img]

Comment

a big thank you

just a big thank you guys for helping me out with the diesel problem....got it fixed as u guys stated. taking off the injectors etc... however, the pleasure was all my dads as he had to suck the diesel through the pipe as the pump on the fuel filter didnt seem to work!
          1 last question will i need to buy a new fuel filter?
          kind regards me

Comment

YES, i WOULD. YOU CAN BUY A FILTER SERVICE KIT HERE, CHEAPER THAN BUYING THEM SEPERATELY.......
            http://www.milneroffroad.com/KZN130.htm#service

p.s. Sorry for shouting!

Comment

For the price of a fuel filter and the simplicity of changing it, I'd swap it. Mine got full of crud when I started using biodiesel last year and took, oooh, all of ten minutes to swap. Been great ever since.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                YES, i WOULD. YOU CAN BUY A FILTER SERVICE KIT HERE, CHEAPER THAN BUYING THEM SEPERATELY.......
                http://www.milneroffroad.com/KZN130.htm#service

p.s. Sorry for shouting!

Gosh, how many of us are still sitting around having just got in from the boozer and finding 'Red October' on the telly?
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X