Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misty windows

Hi Everyone
    My missus has a 95 SSRG 3rd gen surf the heater in the car warms up ice and quick is hot enough to melt your eyeball, but when it is turned down the windows start to mist up, is this normal?
    Thanks in advance
    Neil

Originally posted by GCob427
    Hi Everyone
    My missus has a 95 SSRG 3rd gen surf the heater in the car warms up ice and quick is hot enough to melt your eyeball, but when it is turned down the windows start to mist up, is this normal?
    Thanks in advance
    Neil
    My wife had a similar problem with our 3rd Gen. She had the heating system still set to "summer" ie re-circulating air inside the vehicle for optimum effect with air-con. A simple change to bring air in from outside the truck solved the misting up!
    Keith

Comment

am i that stupid????????????????????? jeeeeezuz if thats all ya have to do. i've been drivin with misty windees from i got the truck
      Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

I did a 'trouble shoot' on this last year, but I can't retrieve it for some reason, so here's another...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...e+plastic+arms

Comment

Running the aircon will usually clear the windows far quicker than the heater but make sure the inside of the glass is cleaned as it does help to keep it clear.
          Mike G

Comment

also, try getting a box of dessicant so any moisture is absorbed...
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              also, try getting a box of dessicant so any moisture is absorbed...
              Did that, and it works! homebase sell moisture absorbers for a fiver (bargain) about the size of a ferreo box of chocolates. Its used for drying out cupboards etc, serious amount of moisture in it after 2 days. mini de-humidifier type thingy without da batteries just a bag of white stuff silica i imagine (dont snort or eat it), the other option (movin the slide didnt work). recommend this to anyone having misty windees.

Comment

Great find...

I don't have a problem with my Surf, but I have a Daewo and it's windows steam up if you just look at them, probably because it dosn't get much use these days.
                I'm going to invest in one and leave it in the boot, see if it helps.

Comment

i take it you live somewhere where it is very cold.. I have noticed that when the outside air is colder then the cabin temp of the car... you get mist and foggy windows... you can fix this by letting in the outside air (re-circulate) switch and then run the heater to keep warm otherwise you can just run the aircon for a bit to get rid of the foggy windows but youll end up freezing your nuts off.

Comment

Originally posted by kcsl
                    Great find...

I don't have a problem with my Surf, but I have a Daewo and it's windows steam up if you just look at them, probably because it dosn't get much use these days.
                    I'm going to invest in one and leave it in the boot, see if it helps.
                    No point leaving it in the boot it needs to be in the area you are trying to dry out, its quite small and unobtrusive (great word that).

Comment

get free dessicant from a double glazing place... it's great stuff...
                      it boils water on contact!!... fun for a workshop joke!!

just get them to stick some in a box and leave it.
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

misty windows

if you ave misty windows and the heater is switched to fresh air an its still misting up YOU HAVE WATER COMING IN SOMEWHERE bulkhead is a good place to look a/market wires pased through with no gromet and badly sealed windows is another place to look door rubbuers to and around wheel arches hope that helps gollygone
                        check out the heater matrix (its like a little radiator)they can leak but you usualy get a smell of antifreez when this happens and your coolent level drops to so check that
                        Last edited by golly; 16 December 2005, 09:31. Reason: misd a bit

Comment

My wife had a similar problem with her Polo. Cured it by removing the pollen filter (didn't know it had one until someone else mentioned it). Could be a similar problem with other cars that have these (don't believe the Surf does).
                          Mike G

Comment

Working...
                          X