Tailgate Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate Rear Window

About a week ago I had been in teh boot and went to raise the window as usual - but it would not move although I could hear the motor turning. With help I got the window raised. So I seem to have a slip somewheer in the drive - a previous thread mentions that the nylon drive cog can slip in this way (I was hoping it might be some adjustable clutch!!).

Anyway what i want to know is can I get the motor out to service without dismantling the window and mechanism. The window glass is held at the bottom in two metal channel pieces and I'm not sure how to prise it out without breaking it. Anyone done this job - any pointers?

Ta

Kevin

You need to get the regulator out, the glass support channels roll on wheels on the regulator arms.

open the tailgate, remove all the trim and close the door latches with a screwdriver, this will let you move the glass half out of the door to get the regulator arms inline (be careful with the glass, wind it out to much and it won't be supported)

Then you can disconnect all the wiring, and unbolt the regulator, slid it left to right to unhook the regulator from the window.

Now you can pull the regulator out and see whats worn. It'll be either the teeth on the regulator, or the gear on the motor. If the gear teeht don't look to bad, sometimes the spindle through the motor body wears and the gear moves away from the regulator and it skips. I can fix this by stripping the motor and making a bush for the spindle, or just get a new motor.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, it was the sliding left and right that I hadn't worked out. I'll have another go this weekend.

Three Cheers for the Forum!!

Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X