Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Buy?

1995 (N) 3.0 diesel Auto ssr-x 80,000 Miles £5,500

Its been advertised at a dealer for a few months to my knowledge, wadaya think?
    Last edited by bloozeboy; 30 November 2005, 20:02.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

sounds realy good there normally a lot more money than that ,as long as all is well should be a goood buy

Comment

Have a test drive. Don't be fobbed off with a quick drive round the block. Get it warmed up. Have a look at the seatbelt labels and check the date on them, as it is a good clue to the year of manufacture. If you are still happy with everything, tell the dealer you want a BIMTA check done.

.......................... good luck.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Really check the bodywork too. mine seemed to good to be true and bought it with ma "noo jeep" goggles on, has some minor body repairs and i'm annoyed i didn't spot at the start!! my dad always washes a car before he buys it, i thought he was bonkers but hes never bought a dud!!
        Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
          my dad always washes a car before he buys it, i thought he was bonkers but hes never bought a dud!!
          Oh yes! Thats when you find all the bits you missed, 100% sure of that!!! But it must look a bit bonkers doing it!
          PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by bloozeboy

1995 (N) 3.0 diesel Auto ssr-x 80,000 Miles £5,500

Its been advertised at a dealer for a few months to my knowledge, wadaya think?
            Well I`m definately happy with the bargin I bought. It`s the one below, `N`reg 95 SSR_G spec and I paid £4000. No sunroof but it does have cruise control and recaro interior. I believe it to be a Northern model with extra thick carpets and an idle up button...... until i stand corrected.

Makes yours looks over-priced slightly but mine has got 20k more miles than yours!! I`d say you`ll be able to find a lot cheaper one. Even a `G`spec model if thats what your after. I got mine from a dealer too so if you went private you can sometimes pick them up a lot cheaper. I`ve got some examples I saved due to the fact I`ve been seaching just lately. I`ll send you some if you want me too? Just let me know.

Does make you wonder why it has been sitting on his forecourt for several months unsold!! 2 reasons for that..... its either a shed or its over-priced. OK OK or there hasn`t been anyone wanting to buy a Surf!! Yeah right LOL

Just remembered, I know where I can get a `SSR-G`spec 94 Black for £4200. And only 60,000 miles!! I test drove it and would`ve had it if my one hadn`t cropped up. I`ll dig out the number if you want. He originally advertised it for £4995 but with a bit of persuasion agreed £4k. Worth a thought depending on your locality.
            [font=Comic Sans MS][color=red][b][u]SSR-G SURF `N` REG 95[/u][/b][/color][/font]
            [img]http://tinypic.com/i1k95k.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X