Winter Pack / Heated Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Pack / Heated Mirrors

Has anybody on here ever tried to fit heated mirrors to a 2nd Gen before? Or had them fitted at a garage?

Anyone even know if you can buy them?

You can but kits from here...http://www.offroadstore.co.uk/index.php?cPath=597

Shouldn't be that difficult to fit.

I know it's for a Defender, but it must be adaptable.
    Some kits I've seen are just a flexible element that you stick on the back of the mirror glass.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 29 November 2005, 16:41.

Comment

Only problem may be the size of the element that can't be cut - Defenders have big mirrors compared to the Surf - I looked at one for my LC which has the same size mirrors as the Surf and the element was too big - Scorpion Racing do the kits as well.

Cheers

Comment

mine already has heated mirrors, they come on when you switch on the heated rear window.

They were on the truck when I bought it and it was a fresh import so either jap owner fitted it or it's a factory option.

could try Toyota for info (not to buy though as you'll need to sell a kidney to afford dealer prices)

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Hawaii,

you got you model number for your surf, might give us a clue as to the options if they were factory fit. If it was dealer fit (like the internal air filter box) we have two hopes and one of them is bob.

Comment

mornin'

can't remember the chassis number off hand (doing this from work) but it's a KZN 185 3rd gen, non-intercooled one

hope this helps

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
            X