• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling

Hi All
    I Am gonna get me one o these surfs
    Just a bit in the dark really about what to get
    I know I want a 30 diesel but thats about as far as it goes
    Ive tried the FAQ bit (no joy) but what I really want is a personal view what model, spec problems etc just a few comments is All I need.
    Regards
    Neil

If you want my opinion avoid 2.4's. I got stung big time and you just can't rely on the heads. I wonder how many people have said my head is fine after a year and then a month later it's blown costing a grand.
    So go for the newest one you can find, 3rd Gen 3 litre and make sure it's got all the extras and is immaculate inside and out. Check everything works and make sure it is BIMTA registered or has some export papers as most get clocked on route and supprisingly all arrive with 60,000 miles on???.

Andy

Comment

Thanks thats just the sort of help I need!!
      Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
        {SNIPPETY SNIP}
        Check everything works and make sure it is BIMTA registered or has some export papers as most get clocked on route and supprisingly all arrive with 60,000 miles on???.

Andy
        Doesn't the export certificate have the odometer reading on? I seem to remember mine having it (reading 48k km or thereabouts). Don't have a copy to hand, mind you.
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

I love my surf!

Hey Neil,

I got a 94 3.0 surf from Japan a few months ago, and it has been a great car. It runs great and handles well. The mechanics tell me they are a great car and in the same breath they say avoid the 2.4 because of the bad heads. The only problem they seem to have is overheating, BUT if you read carefully they only experience overheating when they are pulling a load or driving over 80-85mph.

Ruaha

Comment

Neil if you get one and i hope you do i would get all the fluids changed as soon as pos ( oil , gearbox , transfear box , difs , coolant and break fluid )
            I have a 94 3.0l and i love it but i am just putting the box back in as my tourque converter fell to bits .
            you can tell a lot about your truck by what comes out .
            john...
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
            X