Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused

Mornin' all

Well, picked up the surf on Tuesday - what a machine!. Not quite as plush as the pajero but the drive, loads of power & seems Ok on mpg as well.

Here's the rub - According to all my paperwork (inc all the stuff from the auction house in Japan) my chassis number starts with KZN185.I have checked th number on the chassis and it matches with the paperwork.

Having trawled through the forum, I thought the 185's had an intercooler on top of the engine - guess what mine hasn't.

Is mine still a 185 even without the intercooler (engine numbers, chassis numbers all match from Japan) or do I have a 130 with some duff paperwork (or worse).

Before I panic any advice guys

ta

Hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

As far as I'm aware the 185 is a 3rd gen and doesnt necessarilly have an intercooler mate.........but then I'm usually wrong........

Comment

If yours has a lift up tailgate then it is a KZN185. The intercoolers were only fitted on the later ones, first 3rd gens came in with the standard 3.0 IKZTE engine without intercooler.

Comment

Lucky - that's more than lucky (bet you never heard that one before)

Cheers m8 - I do have the lift up tailgate (and I've just found a mirror that drops from inside the rear spoiler - well smart). I ordered the KZN 185 manual already so nice to know it will be the right one

Nice to know my surf's kosher.

Getting to know it more each day - replaed the stereo yesterday with advice from the forum - perfect

thanks again all

ta

hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
          Lucky - that's more than lucky (bet you never heard that one before)

Cheers m8 - I do have the lift up tailgate (and I've just found a mirror that drops from inside the rear spoiler - well smart). I ordered the KZN 185 manual already so nice to know it will be the right one

Nice to know my surf's kosher.

Getting to know it more each day - replaed the stereo yesterday with advice from the forum - perfect

thanks again all

ta

hawaii
          Hi,
          Sounds excellent - good choice friend - wish you well with the car....Did an "at long length" road testing survey last year of (a) UK registered 2.4 Fourrunner (b) Japan registered 2982 turbo third gen surf, (c) Japan registered 2982 Intercooled turbo 3rd gen - Load of power b and c over a, but not much except during the towing test between b and c....the towing test was a twin axle ifor trailer with my mate's banger racin vauxhall on't back , from launceston to sidmouth an return (yes, via tavistock over the moor) The intercooler car was slightly better on a long climb - basically because the temp needle was stationary throughout - so phsycological reason only....you can alus press the ECT button for a buzz...

Comment

(yes, via tavistock over the moor)

didn't see you wave!!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
              (yes, via tavistock over the moor)

didn't see you wave!!
              No, I wasn't committed THEN, before anyone sez I should be committed NOW....but it (tavistock) was most enjoyable, as usual....even went into the wee covered market hall in centre of town, where my wife buys the haberdashery stuff and visits brigit foley's...along the street..down an alleyway.
              Heck it's over 680 miles from here...
              cheers, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
                No, I wasn't committed THEN, before anyone sez I should be committed NOW....but it (tavistock) was most enjoyable, as usual....even went into the wee covered market hall in centre of town, where my wife buys the haberdashery stuff and visits brigit foley's...along the street..down an alleyway.
                Heck it's over 680 miles from here...
                cheers, Peter
                now thats what i call a shopping trip to get the wifies designer gear 1300 miles - that must be a record ...........................com e on someone, given you the lead..fed you the line....go for it......
                Last edited by fatfires; 15 October 2005, 18:23.
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
                  Mornin' all

Well, picked up the surf on Tuesday - what a machine!. Not quite as plush as the pajero but the drive, loads of power & seems Ok on mpg as well.

Here's the rub - According to all my paperwork (inc all the stuff from the auction house in Japan) my chassis number starts with KZN185.I have checked th number on the chassis and it matches with the paperwork.

Having trawled through the forum, I thought the 185's had an intercooler on top of the engine - guess what mine hasn't.

Is mine still a 185 even without the intercooler (engine numbers, chassis numbers all match from Japan) or do I have a 130 with some duff paperwork (or worse).

Before I panic any advice guys

ta

Hawaii
                  hiya just a quick question what do you think of the surf over the 2.8 pajero for the ride etc.........do you miss all the gadgets etc

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                    now thats what i call a shopping trip to get the wifies designer gear 1300 miles - that must be a record ...........................com e on someone, given you the lead..fed you the line....go for it......

bump
                    Tony

Comment

Bootuk

Now had the surf just over a month and can honestly say I wouldn't go back to a paj.

The surf handles loads better and has soooo much more power (my last paj was only a 2.5 but it was "tweaked" to 132bhp from 99bhp standard)

Don't miss the toys gadgets cause, apart from the leather heated seats & the additional 2 seats in the rear (never used 'em), the surf has all the toys.

Once I got used to the driving position - the surf is a bit more car like & less "sit up & beg" it's more comfortable then the paj.

Fuel economy is loads better and, as I'm still a surf newbie - I am aloowed to count this, I'm averaging about 32 mpg (against 20-23 on the paj). It tows the caravan loads better but that's to be expected with the extra power.

I know it's still early days but verdict so far is I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

ta

hawaii

Comment

Working...
                      X