X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh.

Comment

im a newbee too

hi there,ive had my surf 2 weeks and i wish i bought one earlier,its a 3.0td ssrx on a 96 plate,every time i get in it it puts a smile on my face,do yourself a favour and get one,if you dont like it youll sell it no probs.all the best :

Comment

Originally posted by bootuk
        thanks people im still finding it hard to part with me saab 9-5 aero lolo but the DOG wins and me northern inuits lololo so by the sounds of it surf 30td auto it is ...............can anyone offer some more advice on what to look out for! also any decent insurance companys..also lolo do they have any decent pull away poke for play aas no doubt sure gonnamiss the saab poke

there aren't too many issues with the surf..the wheelstops might make a racket on full lock, or driving off a kerb..a few seconds with a grease gun will sort it..check the top of the radiator, some of them start to weep..i ignored the little spots of coolant on mine, but eventually it let go big style..other owners have had the same..its not common, but as you are pressing for warning signs lolo..the turbo will whistle, don't worry, its normal..screech isn't..the radio will need a band expander if its straight off the ship..you might want to waxoyl it whilst its still gleaming..it will pull like a train..chain it to your saab and play tug of war..there is a good demand for saab bits, you'll have plenty to sell on ebay by the time you've finished..for what its worth, mine's insured with tesco..might not neccessarily be the cheapest, but they don't take fright at the mention of IMPORT..apart from that, take note of the service schedual..easy diy job due to accessibility..enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
          there aren't too many issues with the surf..the wheelstops might make a racket on full lock, or driving off a kerb..a few seconds with a grease gun will sort it..check the top of the radiator, some of them start to weep..i ignored the little spots of coolant on mine, but eventually it let go big style..other owners have had the same..its not common, but as you are pressing for warning signs lolo..the turbo will whistle, don't worry, its normal..screech isn't..the radio will need a band expander if its straight off the ship..you might want to waxoyl it whilst its still gleaming..it will pull like a train..chain it to your saab and play tug of war..there is a good demand for saab bits, you'll have plenty to sell on ebay by the time you've finished..for what its worth, mine's insured with tesco..might not neccessarily be the cheapest, but they don't take fright at the mention of IMPORT..apart from that, take note of the service schedual..easy diy job due to accessibility..enjoy.
          finally got one today its a 1994 30td limited edition and to be honest its the bollox big cheesy grin at the moment lololololo, thanks for all the repliys
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X