too much amber nectar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much amber nectar?

hi gang, did the oil change yesterday, ran the engine to circulate through the filter, then topped up..checked this morning whilst cold, and i think i might have over did it a tad.the level is up over the full mark, covering the letter F, and then some (half an inch)..do i need to drain some out? i've already done fifty or so miles, couldn't detect any nasty crank on oil noises..does the surf have an overflow system, should the level become dangerously high?..obviously there is going to be a safety margin when compared to the stick reading, but just need to know if i should be concearned? ta in advance should anyone wish to advise.

Originally posted by mickey
    hi gang, did the oil change yesterday, ran the engine to circulate through the filter, then topped up..checked this morning whilst cold, and i think i might have over did it a tad.the level is up over the full mark, covering the letter F, and then some (half an inch)..do i need to drain some out? i've already done fifty or so miles, couldn't detect any nasty crank on oil noises..does the surf have an overflow system, should the level become dangerously high?..obviously there is going to be a safety margin when compared to the stick reading, but just need to know if i should be concearned? ta in advance should anyone wish to advise.
    The easiest way is to run the engine to fill the filter then take the filter off and empty it. Much easier than pulling the drain plug and trying to get it back in while the oil poors all over you & the drive
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Mine was overfilled. I lent it to a mate who over filled it.
      It went bang big time and he had to pay for a new engine to be fitted.
      French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

yeeeouch..yeah, i've just been reading about your big bang saga paul..thats kinda made me a wee bit nervous as i was hoping for the "naa, it'll be fine mate" mind settler..i won't be comfortable leaving the excess in, so i'll drain some out in the morning..thanks for the input.

Comment

Remember to let the oil settle for 10mins before checking the level, if you run it then chech it straight away, you'll have at least 1/2 a liter of oil still to run back to the sump from the block walls and rocker cover, making topping up to max hard.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks tony..you're right, i think impatience was the culprit, not giving gravity enough time to do its thing..still, sorted now, drained the excess, then ever sooo slowly got the level to the mark. paul's episode had me reaching for me drip tray pronto..next time i do the oil-change, i'll set more than 5 minutes aside before having to take the missus shopping.

Comment

Working...
            X