Fault Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault Codes

Hope someone can help me with this one.....

I have a KZN130 1995, all was running well until when I went on holiday but two weeks later I come back and fire her up only to find the engine check light is on.

I've put a paperclip in the diagnostics port and the check light flashes 3 times and then five time which points to the turbo pressure sensor. I've changed the sensor and disconnected my battery to reset it and it went fine for about ten minutes but now it's on again. There is no pattern to when it comes on - I can be coasting, revving up a hill or on the flat with low revs. It even comes on if I'm sat there doing nothing. I've checked all my pipes, the connector to the sensor plug, all my turbo pipes etc. My pressure gauge says that the turbo was putting out 0.9 bar at max.

any pointers would be appreciated.

Originally posted by bdoubledub
    Hope someone can help me with this one.....

I have a KZN130 1995, all was running well until when I went on holiday but two weeks later I come back and fire her up only to find the engine check light is on.

I've put a paperclip in the diagnostics port and the check light flashes 3 times and then five time which points to the turbo pressure sensor. I've changed the sensor and disconnected my battery to reset it and it went fine for about ten minutes but now it's on again. There is no pattern to when it comes on - I can be coasting, revving up a hill or on the flat with low revs. It even comes on if I'm sat there doing nothing. I've checked all my pipes, the connector to the sensor plug, all my turbo pipes etc. My pressure gauge says that the turbo was putting out 0.9 bar at max.

any pointers would be appreciated.
    Hi matey
    this is doing my head in - probably yours too, having just done a MAJOR rebuild I am bricking it, I think we both need to keep track of each others replies (hoping we get some!) My codes were 9 3 and my o/d light flashed as well, so even more confused
    regards
    Tony
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Found three black aftermarket units plugged into the wiring going to the ECU with DIMOS electronic technology on them, unplugged them and reset the ECU. All is OK so far after three hours. Keeping my fingers crossed I've sorted it.

I don't know what the DIMOS was, perhaps it was linked to the TV and SAT NAv system to stop you watching TV when your driving or something.

If your still having problems with your and your up th North East you can borrow some of the sensors off my car to help eliminate any problems. Did you look up what the codes were for 9 - 3?

Comment

still confused

Originally posted by bdoubledub
        Found three black aftermarket units plugged into the wiring going to the ECU with DIMOS electronic technology on them, unplugged them and reset the ECU. All is OK so far after three hours. Keeping my fingers crossed I've sorted it.

I don't know what the DIMOS was, perhaps it was linked to the TV and SAT NAv system to stop you watching TV when your driving or something.

If your still having problems with your and your up th North East you can borrow some of the sensors off my car to help eliminate any problems. Did you look up what the codes were for 9 - 3?
        Hi Mate
        glad you got yours sorted (we hope) however the 9 - 3 code goes against all the lists I have and apears to point to petrol problems, or something that means nothing to me , also the info I have says codes will come in numerical order....perhaps in japan 9 comes before 3
        if anyone can give me any ideas I will be eternaly greatfull, will donate a subsciption (i want a posh star) and maybee even find a few tinnies.....
        Tony
        Tony

Comment

Here's a little light reading for you guys.......

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=fault+codes

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

Thanks for the list, are the codes the same for the 2.4 and 3.0 manual or auto?
            tony
            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

that link doesnt seem to work, does anybody got a lick for all the codes, what they mean, for a kzn130 manual? many thanks
              the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-...ht-fault-codes

More available if you search 1KZ-TE fault codes.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                  https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-...ht-fault-codes

More available if you search 1KZ-TE fault codes.
                  cool, thanks
                  the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                  X