Hot Feet, Cool Face !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Feet, Cool Face !

My 93 Surf 3ltr Auto SSR-X is blowing warm air on my feet and to the back, while the dash vents are blowing external temp. air. All controls are set /selected correctly for cold, and I have checked the heater control valve in the bulkhead to ensure that it was fully to the end of it's stop for "cold" air....but still my feet are burning The only way to stop the hot air, is to switch the forced air off alltogether. Any suggestions welcome
    Thanks, happy2b

My first gen does the same thing when its in 'Bi-Level' mode. My 3rd gen also does the same thing in the floor/feet heating mode. The air that comes out of the face level vents is cooler than the floor level vents, unless i have the heater set quite hot. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be like this, espcially with the bi-level mode on the 1st gen.

Comment

Just a thought but I don't suppose you've got both the heater and the aircon on at the same time have you? Don't get any problems with mine. Turn heater to cold and only get cool air from outside. Sounds like you may not be closing the heater valve, even though you have the switch in the right place. Have you tried getting someone to move the heater controls whilst you watch the valve under the bonnet?
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by happy2b
        My 93 Surf 3ltr Auto SSR-X is blowing warm air on my feet and to the back, while the dash vents are blowing external temp. air. All controls are set /selected correctly for cold, and I have checked the heater control valve in the bulkhead to ensure that it was fully to the end of it's stop for "cold" air....but still my feet are burning The only way to stop the hot air, is to switch the forced air off alltogether. Any suggestions welcome
        Thanks, happy2b
        Sounds like you may have some sticking heater controls. The heater controls direct the air with a series of flaps that are controlled by servo motors from the heater push buttons.

However, the rear temperature is only controlled by the slider next to the rear fan switch, which controls an independent water valve to the rear heater matrix. So, whatever might be wrong at the front, you should be able to sort out the rear easily enough.

The only other point is that the Surf generates a lot of heat from the engine/exhaust which radiates up from the floor - this can sometimes mask the temp of the air coming out of the floor mounted vents unless you have aircon on.

Kev
        Last edited by exmee46; 24 July 2005, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by happy2b
          Thanks, happy2b
          Have you checked to see if your carpets are on fire
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. Sorry I could not reply but I have had gremlins/virus in the PC and have had to restore XP many, many times :-(
            Problem of warm feet is still there, but it's winter now anyway and that's quite useful!!

Comment

Working...
            X