SVA Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVA Help please

I'm about to take my Surf for SVA but have had the for m returned as I didnt put max mph and max rpm. Having looked onthe net i got max rpm as 3600 and mph as 112. phoned VOSA and bloke said he didnt think I should put 112 as the mph as it wasnt correct. In typical public service mode he wouldnt divulge the correct mph- any one able to help with this info.

also anyone able to advise how to diable the turbo coler which runs on for a min after the key is removed as some posters onhgere have said this will fail the SVA 9not to mention the trouble the nice policeman will give if he notices engine running even though i'M not in car!)

thanks for help

Think I put around 85mph on the last one I did.

If you mean the Turbo Timer you should be able to unplug it from the loom.

Comment

Hi Andy,
      thanks for reply. I'm afaraid I'm very non technical- could you give me a bit more of an idiots guide to unplugging it from the loom?

Dont you have to be very specific on the SVA response-where did 85mph come from- I argued with the guy that I had found 112mph on a toyota technical website and he said that it wasnt the correct amnswer?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
        Hi Andy,
        thanks for reply. I'm afaraid I'm very non technical- could you give me a bit more of an idiots guide to unplugging it from the loom?

Dont you have to be very specific on the SVA response-where did 85mph come from- I argued with the guy that I had found 112mph on a toyota technical website and he said that it wasnt the correct amnswer?

thanks

Follow the wires back from the TT box to the ignition switch, you might have to lower the bottom of the dash to get to the plugs, then just unplug the wires.

Not sure on the mph just took advise from a guy who imports Mits, he said 80-90mph was ok, so I went in the middle of that.

Comment

I've had mine at an indicated 85 mph and it was no where near flat out. 90-95 would probably be nearer the mark.
          Mike G

Comment

I put 99 mph on mine..... and had no problems with SVA..

dont go over the top or they may say your tyres need replacing because they arent rated up to the speed you have given...

It's amazing the things they fail you on.... mine failed on sharp edges, loose wires, no stereo (wires were howing without being insulated), bare terminals on the horn, sharp edges on a brand new rear fog light, loose wire under the passenger carpet, sharp edges on the wind deflectors... so I would expect to fail your first SVA... (this was at Gosforth VOSA centre).
            I managed to get mine back the next day and it sailed through....

Good luck with yours m8..... keepus posted
            [CENTER][img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/bolloxx.j

Comment

I've done a few of these and always put down 95mph. Most of the Turbo timers you can trace the loom coming out of the back of it to just below the steering column and they just unplug without having any impact on the vehicle.

I would check your tyres before you go for the test as they need to be up to euro standard and will either need to have the JIS mark (circle with a squiggle in it) or the DOT number. If yours has a spare wheel on the rear door it will need to be removed and the remaining holes filled with a couch bolt head so you don't cut your fingers on it. Wind deflectors need to have the edges rediused to 2.5mm. If your putting a ****py halfords square foglight on you will need to sand down the edges of the black box nearest the red cover as they are too sharp. Any non standrad wiring for CD changers, TV's etc etc will need to be removed. Wooden steering wheels or aftermarket ones can be a problem. If you have replaced the speedo facia you need to be careful it is over reading and not under reading....if your under by 1mph your failed.

There is loads of things they can fail you on and I'll be surprised if you get through first time......good luck

Comment

Working...
              X