Low fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low fuel

Just wondering how far does a surf go with the orange low fuel light showing.
    Last night i got 47kl from the time the light first flashed on driving at 50 to 70 mph.

Not a lot further than that, i think!

Comment

When you find out could you let us know, & how far u had to walk!
      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Did 21 miles once when light came on in the middle of nowhere, must have been very nearly the limit as I filled up with 64.5 litres!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I regurlarly wait till the light STAYS ON SOLID (ie uphill, downhill) and can then do 20 miles before my nerve goes.

ps is there a hand pump in the engine to manually squirt fuel thru if I really do run out one day? Drove an old merc once where you had to do that...

Comment

I've run mine out three or four times and the trick is not to try to restart it once it dies. Once you've put more fuel in it should start almost straight away on the key

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsurf
              I regurlarly wait till the light STAYS ON SOLID (ie uphill, downhill) and can then do 20 miles before my nerve goes.

ps is there a hand pump in the engine to manually squirt fuel thru if I really do run out one day? Drove an old merc once where you had to do that...
              yeah its on the passangers side of the eng bay, big cylinder with a black plastic thing on top, keep pressing that till it goes hard or until the car will start,

Comment

Originally posted by patzx12
                Just wondering how far does a surf go with the orange low fuel light showing.
                Last night i got 47kl from the time the light first flashed on driving at 50 to 70 mph.
                Nine litres @ 25mpg ought to give 50 miles or 80kms on a perfectly flat road with no water or rubbish in the tank. Brave man to try tho 47kms isnt bad for the real world.

Kev

Comment

Working...
                X