yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cd player turns off at motorway speeds!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd player turns off at motorway speeds!!!

Hi Folks What do you think of this? I have been searching high and low for a bad connection on my japanese sat nav/cd player as it has been turning the cd player lf off on the motorway but no where else! even on very bumpy roads at lower speeds it plays perfectly. Any way after much experiment I have found it turns off at aprox 65MPH!!! if i stay below this speed no problems. The question is is this some Fiendishly clever safety feature or have I got an electrical problem?

does it actually turn off, or just mute?

it could be the AVC (auto volume control) gone doo-lally and mutes instead of increasing volume.

or... something linked to the speed warning bell (do a search for "little bell")
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

cd player problem

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      does it actually turn off, or just mute?

it could be the AVC (auto volume control) gone doo-lally and mutes instead of increasing volume.

or... something linked to the speed warning bell (do a search for "little bell")
      No it definately turns off and reverts back to nav or tv mode, I lose the cd player screen completly and am unable to get it back for approx 10 minutes.
      Whats this warning bell?

Comment

Originally posted by keithy
        No it definately turns off and reverts back to nav or tv mode, I lose the cd player screen completly and am unable to get it back for approx 10 minutes.
        Whats this warning bell?
        A lot of surfs have a nice bell to tell you you've gone over approx 65mph, just in case you were unaware! A real PITA, thankfully they are usually long gone by the time we get our hands on the Surfs over here.
        Not yet heard of one on a 3rdGen such as yours tho.... have a look here
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

had the same problem. but it was in another car (180sx) wired power from another source problem was gone

Comment

Dont go on the motorway. lol

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
              Dont go on the motorway. lol

Sing when your speeding

Does sound like speed bell connection messing with stereo...
              [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by ferret
                had the same problem. but it was in another car (180sx) wired power from another source problem was gone
                180sx? decent car them, got a 200sx myself (in bits atm)

does sound like the bell... maybee some one joined the wrong wiers when they took it out? is it the original toyota head unit or one you have fitted since?

Comment

Working...
                X