Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service advice

Hi all
    I will be getting my first surf at the end of the may...eventually. i have asked the garage to service the car (about 200 quid). This does not include the timing belt. She has only done 81000km (50k miles) so said no to it, cause would cost another 100 quid or so and think it isn't due anyway.
    I downloaded the XL spreadsheet from the forum (fantastic) but states the interval to be every 150000km, i believe this to be a misprint and should read 100000km. Can anyone confirm this.
    Can you also confirm that the timing belt warning light will illuminate at said 100000km (fed from odometer).

Is there anyone up in Ayr that can give my surf a once over to explain the basics to me and make sure I've not been ripped off. Would really appreciate it. I work at sea and pick the surf up on the 26th may so that weekend would be fantastic. (Moving to Buckie on May 31st)

Thanks for your help sorry if this is repeating previous threads.

Yes, the cambalt should be changed at 100,000 kms. As it's going into the garage it would be sensible to get the belt done now, just in case (they can go earlier) as you are then OK for the next 100,000 kms.

You don't say what model you're getting. If it's a 2.4L then it is quite a job but if it's a 3.0L then it's far simpler and quicker. Get it done now as a broken cambelt is a trashed engine!!!
    Mike G

Comment

Thanks Tallyman
      It is an SSR-G 3.0TD INTERCOOLER. Will get the garage to fit new timing belt as well.
      Thanks again for the info.
      Cheers
      simon

Comment

Working...
      X