Air con ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con ..

Help my air con squeels whenever I turn it on like a cat that,s being strangled any ideas how to stop it please ..the "belt" was tightened up last year (in the week when it was warm last summer).

Originally posted by surfin
    Help my air con squeels whenever I turn it on like a cat that,s being strangled any ideas how to stop it please ..the "belt" was tightened up last year (in the week when it was warm last summer).
    I think thats the compressor bearings... otherwise you have a cat suck under there
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by surfin
      Is the squeal on all the time it is on or just when accelerating - if the former then it is likely bearings - if the latter then most likely drive belt slipping
      Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Mine does the same thing occasionally, but only when I first turn the A/C on - I'm pretty sure its the belt slipping.

Comment

Nil Desparandum !!

Originally posted by Silversurfer
          Is the squeal on all the time it is on or just when accelerating - if the former then it is likely bearings - if the latter then most likely drive belt slipping
          Thanks for this,the "cat strangling noise" is intermittent and usually comes on when I have'nt used it for some time.. after a while it goes away..sounds like the belt then ??

Comment

I've checked ..

Originally posted by dirtydog
            I think thats the compressor bearings... otherwise you have a cat suck under there
            I've checked under the cat flap (bonnet) and you were right.. there was a cat stuck under there ..a beautiful black and white Tom from next door.I'm really pleased that he has been found 'cause the neighbour has been going frantic with worry shame it was dead though

Comment

If the belt is squealing throw some of the Wifes best talc about under there, does wonders (& smells nicer than diesel)
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Yea..

Originally posted by Kiwi
                Mine does the same thing occasionally, but only when I first turn the A/C on - I'm pretty sure its the belt slipping.
                Yea I tightened up the belt (alot) and the problem has gone - thanks !

Comment

Working...
                X