Demister not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demister not working

The demister switch is lit amber instead of green when pushed. There is no air coming out of the demister ventas at all. All other switches light green when used and seem to work. Anybody out there know how I fix this?

Originally posted by Gremlin
    The demister switch is lit amber instead of green when pushed. There is no air coming out of the demister ventas at all. All other switches light green when used and seem to work. Anybody out there know how I fix this?
    Start with the obvious- look for the fuses to the fan motor ciruit. Then go methodicaly over the fan circuit looking for loose conectors, broken wires, faulty switches, duff fan motor etc.

Electrical faults are annoying in that the fault is always simple- just impossible to pin point!

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin
      I think the demister button does light amber. There is a known problem that quite a few people seem to suffer from. The mechanism that directs the air sticks when moving to the demist position. It's behind the centre console in the middle. If you look in the back of the drivers footwell, you'll see a black box with a white arm on it. If you watch it whilst pressing the different air direction buttons you'll see how it moves. Press the demist button, and it'll move part of the way, but not all the way. Give it a little helping hand by pushing the white arm along. With a bit of practise you can manage it whilst driving. Either that or just leave it in the demist position any time you're likely to need it (that's what I do).

HTH
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
      X