Cruise control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control

Is it possible to retro fit a cruise control on a Surf 3.0L diesel? The only reason is for motorway driving towing a caravan. Thanks.

Originally posted by iank01
    Is it possible to retro fit a cruise control on a Surf 3.0L diesel? The only reason is for motorway driving towing a caravan. Thanks.
    Not sure about retro fitting an actual Toyota Surf cruise control but there are definately aftermarket 'universal' electronic cruise controls available that can be fitted to most vehicles with electronic engine management systems.
    Have a look at the below URl - it's an American site but they despatch worldwide or there may well be Uk suppliers.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...Browse/s-10101
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by iank01
      Yes it is possible, I've got an after market cruise control fitted (on a 98 3.0TD Auto). Good thing on this model is it has 2 memories so you can switch between them depending on speed limits without lossing say your 70MPH motorway setting. Minor point but useful I've found.

This is the web site http://www.howard-may.co.uk/ of the cruise I have installed. Comes to you to fit, takes 2-3 hours.

Steve Jones is the guy's name & he will be able to advise you if it can be fitted to your Surf 3.0 TD and provide a quote by return.
      Live for Today

Comment

And what about 2nd gens? Are they electronic controlled?

David
        '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

Trade your Surf in for one with Cruise Control? Shouldn't make much difference to the price.

Kev

Comment

I find half a breezeblock fits just right!
            Dave

Comment

i have found a pedal on the floor in just the right spot to rest my foot on. works a treat!
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

FAO Cumbrian

Originally posted by Cumbrian
                Yes it is possible, I've got an after market cruise control fitted (on a 98 3.0TD Auto). Good thing on this model is it has 2 memories so you can switch between them depending on speed limits without lossing say your 70MPH motorway setting. Minor point but useful I've found.

This is the web site http://www.howard-may.co.uk/ of the cruise I have installed. Comes to you to fit, takes 2-3 hours.

Steve Jones is the guy's name & he will be able to advise you if it can be fitted to your Surf 3.0 TD and provide a quote by return.
                Cumbrian, what sort of physical alterations did you have to makwe in order to fit the extra stalk? I am not to keen on chopping holes in the steering column. Also the wwebsite list quite a number of parts. As I have the KZN185 3.0 L similar to yours, perhaps you can identify to me exactly what is needed. Although I have no problem fiiting car radios etc, this may be a bit daunting so any input would be welcome. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01
                  Cumbrian, what sort of physical alterations did you have to makwe in order to fit the extra stalk? I am not to keen on chopping holes in the steering column. Also the wwebsite list quite a number of parts. As I have the KZN185 3.0 L similar to yours, perhaps you can identify to me exactly what is needed. Although I have no problem fiiting car radios etc, this may be a bit daunting so any input would be welcome. Thanks.
                  You do have to cut hole in steering column housing. Mine is on right hand side, beside indicator stalk.

If you send me an email address I'll send you some photos etc.
                  Live for Today

Comment

Working...
                  X