Kzn130 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kzn130 issue

Hi, any help appreciated with this, been working through this for a while with no luck.
    so my 1995 4runner manual, kzn130 has started having some issues…
    its been on the drive for a long time while sorting the rusty bits out and the diesel went off leaving my lines and fuel filter full of orange resin gum, bugger…
    filter changed, lines and tank cleaned, full service of oils filters fluids, glow plugs etc new timing belt as 30k over, put some injector cleaner through for good measure and back to normal, starts first time no smoke heats up as fast and holds steady as always but now at just under 2000rpm (in neutral on the drive as no mot now) I had a miss fire smoke that smells like un-burned diesel and a bit blue in colour, if I hold the peddle down it puts a cracking smoke screen down…
    Thought I might have done the belt wrong but all timing marks line up as they should, and it starts and idles lovely,
    checked compression on all cylinders and they all held the same,
    went down the injector route, all stripped down checked spray pattern and all operate as they should.
    turbo next (water cooled) removed intake and exhaust manifold and still smoking from cylinders 2 and 4. All exhaust chambers were dry and very little grime to be fair.
    since all roads lead to the head gasket I bit the bullet removed the head, no cracks to speak of all seems in good condition.
    all back together and the same issue.

only issue I can find is some deep vertical scratches in cylinder 2, like the piston ring is shot may be or it ate some metal at some point will attach a photo if I can.
    wonder if this is causing it to burn oil, all fluids are stable as far as I can see, no oil in coolant, oil is as expected,
    it has never over heated while I have had it.

so I am thinking I’m going to have to go for a full job on the big end and re sleeve etc.

Absolutely want to get her on the road so prepared to spend a bit on her but can’t find a reputable garage to take it on any time soon.

So, any advice on re sleeving a kzn130 etc would be ace or if anyone knows some were to take it on would be great. I’m in Marske on the North Yorkshire coast.

thanks in advance
Working...
X