Help with electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with electrical issue

The loom was removed on my 3rd Gen kz-te surf , and when it was all put back together the 'electrician' did a very approximate job to say the least.

Some other electrician has managed to correct quite a few issues , buy we are left with one we can't solve.

The alternator charges fine , however the moment you switch the Aircon on it stops charging altogether (drops from 14 to 11.9) and various lights appear on the dash ( the usual lights indicating Alt is not working ).

Any ideas ?

Many thanks!

EDIT: I have some wring diagrams that Galooph kindly posted for me on a previous thread. They are in Japanese and some pages are missing. We need page 48, if that makes any sense ...
    Last edited by tashtego; 2 April 2019, 15:13.

I'm not an expert, so please take the following with a pinch of salt....

My thoughts would be that if you get a voltage drop from 14 to 11.9 when the air con is turned on, that it might not actually be the alternator "stopping charging" as it were. It could simply be that either:-

a) The aircon is using up a ton of power (possibly because it's faulty)
    b) The alternator isn't working too well and can't cope with the demand of the air con

Just my thoughts. If you have a spare alternator I'd try that, just to see if it makes any difference. Or try a spare air con compressor.
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Thanks Rob.

It did it with the original alternator, so we also tried a new one , out of the box , and it does the same.

Following an accident, a new body/cab was fitted and since the loom was put back a lot of electrical issues cropped up...that's what makes me think that something has been connected incorrectly.

Cheers

Comment

Here's a couple of diagrams I have saved from back in the day, one jpeg and a pdf, may be of use.
        Toyota Power supply alternator.pdf
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Toyota engine wiring.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	1294305
        Neal

Comment

Thankyou so much, I'm sure it will help, much appreciated !

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X