Cold start issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold start issues

I know it’s been covered before but I’m looking for a diagnostic guide, I’ve replaced the glow plugs but my 3.0 diesel 1993 surf won’t start when it’s cold. I have a multimeter but need some advice on where to look. It starts first turn of the key usually, the glow plug light comes on and goes out and I can hear the relay clicking as it should. Thanks in advance: Ross

The relay that clicks when the light goes out isn't the glow plug relay, it clicks (clunks) a while later.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks, it’s now sorted l, I’m am very lucky! I cleaned every connection I thought might be part of the cold start system and it worked! Starts easily when cold. I never usually have that sort of luck.

Comment

Just for info, the glow plug light goes out straight away but the glows stay on for about 30 secs. They continue to stay on when the engine is first running for a vert short period. Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Just for info, the glow plug light goes out straight away but the glows stay on for about 30 secs. They continue to stay on when the engine is first running for a vert short period. Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X