Surf won't turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf won't turn over

The battery in my surf died when the temperature dropped so I replaced that and all was good for a week or so. But where i dont drive it daily as I have a work van I went to drive it in my unit earlier this week and it wouldn't start. So I though okay the battery has been drained for what ever reason, I

Is it just clicking? sounds like the contact in the starter motor have gone. Roughtrax do a kit for it http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/genuine-toyota-starter-solenoid-repair-kit.html
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

You can hear the relay click over when you turn the key but then nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though I'll have a look into the started and see if that's what's at fault

Comment

Check the battery terminals are tight and also the terminals themselves they crack! Another point to mention is if it's a twin battery set up you should change them both as the old one will drag the new one down.
        Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Ah that's a good point, guess I llhave to shell out an buy another battery soon then haha. Thanks for the other point I'll double check everything when I get the chance

Comment

Managed to get my truck sorted the other day. I pulled the starter and have it a good check over, the contacts were a little pitted so I cleaned them up and out it back together.
            what I did notice though was the plug on the bottom of the starter was smashed/missing and has been replaced with a spade

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, we like a result rather than the suspense of not knowing how it ends.
              Сви можемо

Comment

Bravo Buddy n glad ya got it sorted

17+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

I'm very much a believer of if you start something, finish it.
                  There's nothing worse than reading a forum post where someone has the exact problem you have and never tell you how or if they sorted it.
                  so I always try and post my findings if I can

Comment

Working...
                  X