Newbie 3.0 Litre buying query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie 3.0 Litre buying query.

HI, I'm considering buying the 3rd Gen model of the 3.0litre Surf. Can anyon help me with the following:

1) Is there a difference in the fuel consumption between the manual and the auto?
    2) Is there a general preference for either the auto or the manual and if so why?
    3) What would be the most important things to look out for when buying one?
    4) I'm 6ft 2" will I fit into the drivers seat without too many issues?

Thanks in advance for your help folks

cheers

Windy
    Last edited by Zak; 21 March 2005, 00:42.

I'm 6'2" and fit into my 3rd gen really easy. Although the seat belt could do with a bit more length, but as far as i can tell its a one size fits all belt. I guess the japanese are not so ample!!

Mine seems to be doing about 26-26 mpg. Thats mostly country lanes and urban, yet there seems to be no difference when i do a big motorway run.
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Adam, do you have a sunroof in yours? I have and didn't think there was much room above my head...I'm 5'8".

Cheers
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Adam, do you have a sunroof in yours? I have and didn't think there was much room above my head...I'm 5'8".

Cheers
        Rob
        not got a sunroof in mine. Its a while since i adjusted anything, but i guess you can probably lower the seat - I always have to do that with my height!
        adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

I found that there is a lot more leg room in the 3rd gen compared to the 2nd.
          I used to have a UK spec 4Runner and I felt at 5ft 10ins that I would have liked a little more adjustment on the seat. There is a height adjustment on the 3rd Gen seats which should also help. On fuel consumption I seem to be getting around 28-30 to the gallon which seems to be better than most other peeps on here. Not sure whether its to do with the fact that a lot of my milage is done on the motorway or whether the fact that mine has an intercooler fitted makes the difference. Probably a bit of both. A manual gearbox should improve the fuel consuption figures but it would again be dependant on the type of milage you would be doing and one of these are like hens teeth to find. I am not aware of any major drawback to the 3rd Gen.
          Last edited by InfraRed; 21 March 2005, 20:04.
          [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

I was down checking a couple of models for sale earlier today and now drooling at the prospect of owning! Must restrain myself until properly checked out. 3rd gen it is and just deciding on auto or manual.....damn choices.......

Comment

either or really m8 which ever u prefer really the 3rd gen is 6"longer the old version alot more back seat room to i'm 6ft still got plenty off head room

Comment

manual is a must

Originally posted by Zak
                HI, I'm considering buying the 3rd Gen model of the 3.0litre Surf. Can anyon help me with the following:

1) Is there a difference in the fuel consumption between the manual and the auto?
                2) Is there a general preference for either the auto or the manual and if so why?
                3) What would be the most important things to look out for when buying one?
                4) I'm 6ft 2" will I fit into the drivers seat without too many issues?

Thanks in advance for your help folks

cheers

Windy
                my 3rd gen manual does 28-30 mpg even down here in cornwall (no motorways). manual seem to be more economical and just seem to make you feel more in control especially off road and as far as what do you look out for, well surfs take some sh**, and some have, but i think most 3rd gens should be ok.
                I'm only 5'7" but could wear a top hat in mine with seat lowered down.

hope this of some help

regards mark

Comment

Thanks for the useful info Mark. It looks like I may weill be settling for the manual when I get all of this together.

Comment

Working...
                  X