top speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top speed?

what is the top speed on a 1993 3.0 auto? all the dials i find seem to stop at 100-110 surly a 3.0 td does more than 100mph...

Originally posted by Ste00
    what is the top speed on a 1993 3.0 auto? all the dials i find seem to stop at 100-110 surly a 3.0 td does more than 100mph...
    That would be about right. They are built for the Asian and American markets where the top permissable speeds are lower. They also have a comparatively high centre of gravity and the aerodynamics of a house brick. I wouldn't want to be doing any more than 85, besides which the fuel guage comes down far too rapidly above 70MPH.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

guess my usual trips down the motrway will take a bit longer then, ah well should be more fun than the golf,

Comment

guess my usual trips down the motrway will take a bit longer then, ah well should be more fun than the golf,
        I thought you were an impoverished student? In my day we had Citroen 2CVs or if we were really loaded a mini. Those were the days. I remember when it was all fields round here.......................... ..........moan moan, grumble..........
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

i am well i am now i have bought the surf lol, if it was all feilds now i would be ok lol

Comment

my 3.0 will do just over 115... doesn't feel good though!... cruises nicely at 90
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

k that should be fine, i know my old volvo 440 didnt like 100... didnt like 80 really started to shake like mad...

just a shame its not got that bit more... but were would u stop "it does 250" "shame its not got a bit more..." could go on forever lol...

Comment

k that should be fine, i know my old volvo 440 didnt like 100... didnt like 80 really started to shake like mad...

just a shame its not got that bit more... but were would u stop "it does 250" "shame its not got a bit more..." could go on forever lol...
                does 100 easy... just not a good cruising speed... much faster and it gets a bit hairy, even on long motorway bends... also check the speed rating of the tyres... thy're not made for much over 100 either.

Comment

Does my speedo under read by a mile? or is there a reason Mine wont do more than 95 (like it hits a brick wall)
                  Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

probably mph if i rember rite 95kmph is quite slow,

Comment

Mine cruises nicely at 80mph
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
                        Does my speedo under read by a mile? or is there a reason Mine wont do more than 95 (like it hits a brick wall)
                        depending where it's from, could have a speed limiter on it... some from middle east have a bell that rings at a certain speed, could be a more advanced version of that?

Comment

Speedos are often not put back right after conversion to MPH. The needle poistion is critical and can make up to 15mph error either way.

I've calibrated mine and it will pull over 100 comfortably (I've had 105 showing) but I doubt it would get much beyond 110 due to the shape and the high gearing. There is a lot of turbulence behind sucking you back - thats why your rear window mucks up so quickly - and a lot of drag underneath due to all the dangly bits.

Kev

Comment

and a lot of drag underneath due to all the dangly bits.

Don't drag your dangly bits. Altogether now:

Ro-tiddly-o
                            $hit or bust..................
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Guess them so called spoilers don't do much to the surf then lol

Comment

Working...
                              X