Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel noise... again! (Shaft?)

Hi guys!
    I having a heart attack now..... after changing the front brake pads, now I saw the boot kit from the front drive shaft with a big hole on it. I filled with grease but (let me see the EPC from "showmesomeinfo")... yes...I need to replace the shaft assy (Front Drive Outboard joint PNC43470).

The noise I listen before was'nt the brake pads but the shaft. (ohhhh boy!...)
    Well... i'm preparing to sell my mother-in-law as I know now it's very expensive.

Can you tel me if I need to replace all the shaft or just the "noising thing"?
    Where I can find pictures of that here?
    Help appreciate, please.
    All the best...
    (Now walking on the street.....)
    Jose Carlos (Charles)
    "Everybody need something. I think I need a beer..."

Before getting to worried, grab hold of the outer CV and see if it wiggles up and down in the hub, (or pull the little metal dome cap from the middle of the hub on the outside, and see if you can wiggle the shaft where it comes though the drive plate) there are 2 bushes in here that always wear, its not normally noticable as they get a little grease from the bearings, but if dirt gets in there they will make a noise that will have you scratching your head for weeks (trust me, Koi and I know! )

Thebn go back to your CV's
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

drive shaft (?)

Originally posted by TonyN
      Before getting to worried, grab hold of the outer CV and see if it wiggles up and down in the hub, (...) (trust me, Koi and I know! )

Thebn go back to your CV's
      Tony, it's like this? (I saw that now)
      Please, see thread: http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10153

Jose Carlos (Charles)
      "Everybody need something. I think I need a beer..."

Comment

Working...
      X