Radiator split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator split

Can anyone help me out? i have a 94L 3.0td auto and my radiator has developed a split in the top about 8mm long. Where is the best place to buy a new or reconditioned rad? i have tried Milners but they dont do them for a KZN130, roughtrax do sell them but they are not cheap. Does anyone know if they can be repaired or not, by brazing possibly and if so where to? Nay help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Look in the yellow pages for radiator repairs, I got a rebuild for £150 a few months ago.

Comment

splash out on a new one mate, i wish i had...after getting a recon exchange three months ago, it has started to let go in the same way as my origional..starting with little weeping bits of coolant on the top..ok, so its still under warranty, but i only saved 150 on the cost of buying new..now i have to get it repaired, which means i'm back to square one, but with a different rad, or, take it out, post it back, wait for a replacement, then stick that one in..time and money, all to save a few quid..i did patch my origional with a two part compound, it did hold, and set like steel, but i just didn't want to risk it long term..some people say they can be braized, others dissagree..something to do with the brass or copper or whatever...

Comment

In an ideal world you would get a new one (nearly £400 from Toyota). I've been running a recon from Roughtrax since September. It has new cores and a new top tank (Roughtrax say the original Toyota ones are too thin?).

Nevillef

Comment

Thanks for the help, i found a company in Southampton that have repaired it for me for less than £100 and its guaranteed! The only drawback was that i had to remove it first and then take it them, they repaired it sameday though. all i have to do now is put it back in. i was surprised how easy it was to take out.

Comment

Working...
          X