auto box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto box

i have scanned the site but it looks like i am the only one with this problem
    sitting at lights with surf in "drive" all sems fine til taking foot off brake and giving it some gas then the gearbox seems to be searching for gears until it selects drive and off we go.

if i move the selector to L or 2 before moving and selecting manually all is fine, also once moving the box is excellent.
    this occurence is not every time but alot of the time.

gearbox was serviced recently and i was told all was well with it, any ideas,
    i have 50 thousand genuine miles on it

could be 'confused', gearbox is partly controlled via ecu, try resetting ecu by disconnected both batteries for at least 10mins. it's a long shot, but a cheap and easy long shot.
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Auto 'box

Originally posted by iceman
      i have scanned the site but it looks like i am the only one with this problem
      sitting at lights with surf in "drive" all sems fine til taking foot off brake and giving it some gas then the gearbox seems to be searching for gears until it selects drive and off we go.

if i move the selector to L or 2 before moving and selecting manually all is fine, also once moving the box is excellent.
      this occurence is not every time but alot of the time.

gearbox was serviced recently and i was told all was well with it, any ideas,
      i have 50 thousand genuine miles on it

Had this happen to mine now and again a few months back.
      Turned out to be low on fluid. topped it up been fine since

Comment

my dads LC had this once - just was also low on fluid. Hope you get it sorted soon!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
        X