a little problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little problem

Noticed my Surf didnt have it's usual get up and go today, so I'm seeking some advise... I was doing approx 70mph and wanted to accelerate harder to pass another car, but she didnt want to pick up straight away and lagged a bit, until I feathered the throttle and lifted it slightly. Once I managed to get the throttle right, she wanted to go. I didnt notice any hesitation or jerking in the revs and once the revs were up she went. I gave her a service 2 weeks ago, replacing all the filters and oil and didnt notice any problems then. Any ideas please???
    Many thanks.

Two possibilities I can think of. First, have you run any injector cleaner through the fuel system recently. The jets could just be a bit clogged. Second, have you checked your ATF fluid? Is it still a nice clear red colour. If not, it could be burnt / contaminated and time for replacement.
    Mike G

Comment

I had a similar problem (with another car) that suddenly lost it's va va voom. Turned out to be an intermittantly sticking brake pad.

Nevillef

Comment

Thanks Mike I'll give those a look. I didnt notice any binding or such Neville, so I dont think it's that. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Also check the Throttle Valve linkage is adjusted correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X