Headers for diesel turbos???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers for diesel turbos???

Is there such a thing of Headers for the 1KZ-T or any 4cylinder turbo diesel??
    I would imagine that with the turbo in the exhuast manifold, the air would be pretty restrictive there.
    What do ya think?

Thanks,
    Pablo

Pablo.

Never seen them for the Toyota Diesel and to be honest the space is a little restricted in the Runner. With the Turbo needing to be plumbed in it would make it even worse and it would be very dificult to achieve the main requirement of a set of headers - that all of the branches to the 4 into 1 or 4 into 2 into 1 connector should be the same length.

Also one thing with headers is that they tend to optimise the top end power but also compromise the low end torque for some reason that I am sure someone else will know. The main advantage of a Diesel is the low end torque, if you damage that you really are not doing the engine any favours as the engine will never rev high enough to get the advantages of the headers.

Better off with the standard cast manifold, it's pretty well designed and well finished inside.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Andy for the response... Thats what I thought of as well.

Later,

Pablo

Comment

Working...
      X