yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up my Surf on Thursday! A couple of questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up my Surf on Thursday! A couple of questions..

Hi.
    The deal has been done and on Thursday I'm picking up my met' blue 1994 L reg 3.0TD!! 65.000kms, cat1 alarm/paper, all new disks and pads, wax oiled and sealed underneath, Reg in uk 4 months ago. No dents or scratches (yet!). Private purchase.
    Paid £3800 with 3 months tax and 11 months mot. ? - I thought this was a good deal?

Ok - so questions are:
    1.Where do I get a nice A frame bar in chrome inc' brackets please?
    2.Am I correct in thinking it is a KZN130 3.0 TD?
    3.When is it due to snow in Norfolk!

and have just noticed that this should have gone in 'General' I think! Sorry.
    Last edited by djcazyp; 3 January 2005, 22:58.

Try the ROUGHTRAX supermarket for some accessories.
    http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...5&category=166
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

that sounds a bit too cheap to me, i got mine cheap too but it has much much higher mileage than that. sounds nice though!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thats what I thought but the bloke moves to Italy on Friday and can't take a car, he only found out that he had to move early Dec and needed to sell. Dec is a bad time to sell a car. He paid £6995 4 months ago from a dealer (a bit too pricey I think!)
        Can't wait!
        Last edited by djcazyp; 4 January 2005, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by djcazyp
          Thats what I thought but the bloke moves to Italy on Friday and can't take a car, he only found out that he had to move early Dec and needed to sell. Dec is a bad time to sell a car. He paid £6995 4 months ago from a dealer (a bit too pricey I think!)
          Can't wait!
          £6995 for a '94 3.0L from a dealer is about right- but sounds like you picked up a bargain if all is as seems.

Nevillef

Comment

Yep it is a KZN130. Its a good price if the car is as straight as you say. £6995 is a reasonable dealer price but you would expect to pay less for a private sale - guess you got a bargain as the guy was in a hurry to move!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

sounds good to me! - post the pics when you get it
              Tim

Comment

when i saw the price,i was well envious, sounds like you got a good deal.where in norfolk are you,i'll keep my eyes peeled?

Comment

I'm in Norwich, Heartsease area. I'll post some pics. Will try and sleep tonight-it's like a second Xmas!
                  Going to give it an oil/filter change. Do you do yours yourself? If so what oil do you use?
                  Cheers.

Comment

I'm in Norwich, Heartsease area. I'll post some pics. Will try and sleep tonight-it's like a second Xmas!
                    Going to give it an oil/filter change. Do you do yours yourself? If so what oil do you use?
                    Cheers.
                    I use 10w40..Castrol or something of equivalence....nice price as I paid 8400 for mine although mines an M reg with then 71000km on the clock. Seems like youve lucked out!!!

Happy motoring.
                    Gaz

Comment

Lucked Out

Originally posted by Gizmo
                      I use 10w40..Castrol or something of equivalence....nice price as I paid 8400 for mine although mines an M reg with then 71000km on the clock. Seems like youve lucked out!!!

Happy motoring.
                      Hi "LUCKED OUT" sounds like he fell down a toilet and come up smelling of "ROSES" lucky sod. :toilet
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

yeah,i know your area real well.my mate steve lives near there,he does my oil and filter changes,its just that he's got the room,i haven't!...i use magnatec,but i think the consensus among the experts is that as long as you change it at 3000 miles,doesn't matter what brand you go for,as long as its turbo friendly and for diesels...i think the magnatec is 10/40,but i'll be using cheaper stuff in future.i mean,you wont be wearing a 3 ltr lump with that mileage out any day soon.....when you are up and running,i'll give you a looksie if you like.just dont go banging into things until you've gotten used to it,that bonnet is big!!

Comment

Yippeeee

Picked her up today from Derbyshire and drove her back to Norfolk.
                          She really is in excellent nick. What surprised me is how quiet they are at 70 - mate and I could chat away without much wind or road noise! Gear changes seem smooth - had it in the overdrive function all the way and took it easy with no hard acceleration. Filled her up when I got back- av 29.2 mpg? I'm happy with that,?.
                          Can't really fault it yet except that the plastic has come off the drivers seat adjuster and the scorpion alarm remote central locking doesn't seen to unlock the tailgate lock - (but I have to reach in anyway!)- no doubt problems will occur but i'm used to getting my hands dirty being a rover turbo owner.
                          Well happy. Will take some pics tomorrow and post.
                          Now to save for the A Bar and a pic of the doggy on the spare wheel cover....
                          Feel free to pop round if you are near - am about most days.

Comment

Can't really fault it yet except that the plastic has come off the drivers seat adjuster and the scorpion alarm remote central locking doesn't seen to unlock the tailgate lock - (but I have to reach in anyway!)
                            you can only have the rear on manual lock but as you say you have to pull handle from the inside. Lock is activated on the window.
                            Have fun in the Surf mate!
                            Tim

Comment

You lucky,lucky,lucky git!

I pick up mine next wednesday £4995 94 3.0TD SSR-X just fresh in from Japan!
                              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                              X