Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• box of tricks under drivers seat ???

Hiya Guys

Can anyone tell me what the box (with cables coming out of it) is for. Its strapped down to the floor under the drivers seat.

Hope you've all had a great Xmas and are looking forward to a even better New Year.

Cheers

Vic.............

Originally posted by TBIRDVIC
    Hiya Guys

Can anyone tell me what the box (with cables coming out of it) is for. Its strapped down to the floor under the drivers seat.

Hope you've all had a great Xmas and are looking forward to a even better New Year.

Cheers

Vic.............
    Stock alarm/immobiliser/door entry etc
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Hiya Guys

Cheers

Vic.............
      Don't no if its the same for the surfs but the gubbings under the seat in my old peugeot and rover was something to do with the seatbelts,which worked when you were in a collision they pulled the belts in there is a name for it but can't remmeber, might be totally wrong though.

Comment

Like Rusty said, its the cental locking ECU. (Usually)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hiya Guys

Cheers

Vic.............

as previously mentioned, the box is the alarm/imobiliser unit, it is linked to the central locking unit. it also has a sensitivity adjuster for the glass breakage ultrasonic sensor located in the center consol next 2 the flashing led for the alarm.
          The unit is also a remote controled unit but i think u can only get new key fobs from toyota.
          Hope this helps
          Jon
          Attached Files
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
            Don't no if its the same for the surfs but the gubbings under the seat in my old peugeot and rover was something to do with the seatbelts,which worked when you were in a collision they pulled the belts in there is a name for it but can't remmeber, might be totally wrong though.
            ballistic seatbelt pre-tensioners... or similar.
            anti-submarine seats?...

sounds like an outbreak of car- warfare!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X