Electric cooling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric cooling fan

Hi all. Anyone know what turns the electic cooling fan on on the 3 litre diesel, Its at the front on the off side in front of the rads.

Seen some threads on the 2.4 but not on the 3.0.

Secondly, after finding out what turns the thing on, does anyone kow definitively what it does? What to now as it would be a nice spot for an intercooler and I have never seen the thing running.
    Last edited by westy; 18 December 2004, 17:50.

fan for the air con rad.
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

i.e. will only ever be on when AirCon is Switched on and its warm enough for the system to have to lose some heat
      Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

The FAN at the front of your radiator behind the grill is for extra cooling. it is controlled by a swith near your thermostat. Aircon fans x2 are located on top of your aircon rad behind your sump plate. BUT My aircon rad is located behind my Radiator as are most 3.0 not seen another like mine on a 2.4.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Its the one that is on the front. Pre all the rads. Its on the off side bias of the rads at the top of them....

Still dunno what its for. As with the 2.4 there seems to be conflicting info as to what it does. Sounds like its an Aux rad that gets going if the aircon is dumping out too much heat in to the cooling system. This I have to say seems entirely plausable as if it was 100F and you had the aircon on full and the engine idling its going to get pretty warm under the bonnet.

So its controlled by a water sensor just near the thermostat. Anyone got a piccy. I think I pulled it of when fiddling to see if it would run but to no avail so I may have the wrong one? There agin maybe my electirc fan is kaput?

Ta
          Will

Comment

The fan behind the grill is for the air con, its got nowt to do with the engine coolant radiator. All the 3.0ltrs i`ve seen have had this set up, only the 2.4 seem to have the air con rad underneath.
            Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Working...
            X