leaking transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking transmission

just got surf back from supertrux with new lift fitted, noticed what looks like a transmission leak, only small amount and not dripping on to floor, its darkm out there now so cant locate it, anyone got any ideas, its not the sump pan, or sump bung,

looks like its in front of the front propshaft, but not leaking from that joint, onoils on what looks like a tubular shape just in front and below front propshaft, sorry thats not v technical, will try and get some photos posted, any ideas, and if so how much to fix ??

Cheers
    KC

Originally posted by charlski
    just got surf back from supertrux with new lift fitted, noticed what looks like a transmission leak, only small amount and not dripping on to floor, its darkm out there now so cant locate it, anyone got any ideas, its not the sump pan, or sump bung,

looks like its in front of the front propshaft, but not leaking from that joint, onoils on what looks like a tubular shape just in front and below front propshaft, sorry thats not v technical, will try and get some photos posted, any ideas, and if so how much to fix ??

Cheers
    KC
    Thats probably coming from your front Diff. Probably a blocked diff breather. Diff breather is on top and front of drivers side of the diff unit, small nipple with a metal cap on it. Either cap has become stuck (quite easy to happen) or you got some dirt around it. Clean it and yu should be OK. If not it's the oil seal gone probably however my bet is on the breather.

Cheers

Comment

I too had a leak ,check the colour and smell of the fluid , mine was red/brown and i thought it was diff oil it turned out to be power steering fluid from a hose and a leaking pump, was running down and dripping from the back of the sump guard on the passengers side.

Comment

Aha!

Originally posted by markmobile
        I too had a leak ,check the colour and smell of the fluid , mine was red/brown and i thought it was diff oil it turned out to be power steering fluid from a hose and a leaking pump, was running down and dripping from the back of the sump guard on the passengers side.
        I think that I have the same. My power steering reservoir was empty and the pump was making a hell of a noise. I got a mechanic friend to tighten the belts and top it up. Silky smooth now.

My question is, how did you fix the leak, and what was the cost?

Cheers

Rob G

Comment

ROB have a look at where the Steering column goes into the steering box as there is a seal. This is where my problem was i got a steering box off HILUX bob rather than mess about.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
          X