yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pros and cons 2nd gen 3.0 and a 3rd gen 3.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and cons 2nd gen 3.0 and a 3rd gen 3.0?

Hi all just wanting to know whats the main sorta differences between 2nd and 3rd gens? Much more power ? better MPG? or is it just slight can find any good pics to compare them.

EDUCATE ME !

Originally posted by Donk_UK
    Hi all just wanting to know whats the main sorta differences between 2nd and 3rd gens? Much more power ? better MPG? or is it just slight can find any good pics to compare them.

EDUCATE ME !
    Front suspension is probably the main mechanical difference - 3rd gen has coil spring front end as opposed to the torsion bar on the 2nd gen. Makes the road manners better although not sure that it makes any positive difference off road - some say that Torsion bars are stronger than coil springs b ut I'm not sure whether that is true or not.

Apart from that, style, climate control are the other main differences. Oh and an intercooler on the later ones.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Front suspension is probably the main mechanical difference - 3rd gen has coil spring front end as opposed to the torsion bar on the 2nd gen. Makes the road manners better although not sure that it makes any positive difference off road - some say that Torsion bars are stronger than coil springs b ut I'm not sure whether that is true or not.

Apart from that, style, climate control are the other main differences. Oh and an intercooler on the later ones.

Cheers
      Some of the 3rd Gen changes;
      Rack & Pinion steering
      Airbags
      ABS
      Floor mounted Handbrake
      Longer & Wider Cargo Area
      Looses one of rear cargo cubbies
      Lift-up Tailgate
      More legroom, front & rear
      Looses oil pressure and battery gauges

Previous thread on the topic here also
      Last edited by Morr; 2 December 2004, 15:59. Reason: Added link
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

ok cheers peeps, so whats the main differences between a std 2.4tdi to a 3.0? engine size obviously ! Better suspension as well? I must say I do prefer the look of the 2.4's to the newer ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK
          ok cheers peeps, so whats the main differences between a std 2.4tdi to a 3.0? engine size obviously ! Better suspension as well? I must say I do prefer the look of the 2.4's to the newer ones.
          Apart from engine size, the only other real differences between the 2.4 & 3.0 2nd Gens, are those changes brought with model year, ie flush headlamps from '92 etc. Assuming model and year are the same, other than engine size there should not be any other changes ie a '93 2.4 SSR-X should be essentially the same as a '93 3.0 SSR-X
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Cheers all Im a educated man now

Comment

Working...
            X