• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgot the engine pic

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snowwolf
      Hi matey.... I have now registered with the LC rock forum.... I will miss my surf very much and still not sure if I have done the right thing, but i'm in no rush to sell the surf, but will not be able to keep it, I know that.
      Well I pick up the LC on Friday, its a 1997 4.5 petrol I no the fuel consumption is gonna be horrendous, but what the F_ _ _ K if it had been diesel 4.2 I would still have got it, its on it's second owner with 92000 on the clock and in great condition and at £7000 i'm happy but like I say will miss the Surf, cos it does look good, if anyone wants to see the pics of the Surf, I have some to send on.

Put it on LPG - I've got a V6 4runner and it runs on both petrol & LPG - best thing I ever did
      If you want more info let me know
      Steve
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
        Put it on LPG - I've got a V6 4runner and it runs on both petrol & LPG - best thing I ever did
        If you want more info let me know
        Steve
        An VX4.5 will do around 12-14mpg combined on LPG which will give you effective mid twenties in terms of what it will cost you, plus you can drive into the congestion charge zone without paying - that will really p**s Ken off.

Got to say that if I didn't prefer Diesels I'd have the 4.5 as well, it's a real hot rod for a motor that weighs as much as the LC does.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          An VX4.5 will do around 12-14mpg combined on LPG which will give you effective mid twenties in terms of what it will cost you, plus you can drive into the congestion charge zone without paying - that will really p**s Ken off.

Got to say that if I didn't prefer Diesels I'd have the 4.5 as well, it's a real hot rod for a motor that weighs as much as the LC does.

Cheers

Hmmm - go careful with the "congestion" charge bit. I recently read an article regarding this and there is a restriction on which vehicles are "charge free" "Ken" has put stipulations on the emissions part and unless you can get into the bracket stated you've still got to pay.

As for the costing for running fuel, I get about 13 mpg (urban) 16 (cruising) (too many mods & tweeks!! ) and pay 31.9p per litre for LPG so worse case I get 32 mpg £ for £. Currently I am working in HQ at Stafford so it's straight line M6 milage and I'm getting 42mpg
          Last edited by rusty; 11 November 2004, 10:44.
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

Lpg

Hi Rusty..... Please send me details for LPG as I am very serious in doing the conversion.....regards Mick.

Comment

Hi Rusty..... Please send me details for LPG as I am very serious in doing the conversion.....regards Mick.

Have Pm'd you
              Steve

I tried to Pm you but you haven't got it activated in your User CP
              If you activate it I'll send you my mobile number
              Last edited by rusty; 11 November 2004, 14:47.
              NO WORRIES!
              Rusty

Comment

Pm

Hi Rusty.... I can't find the Pm thing, all the boxes are ticked to allow members to email me, you can allways send it to oakman44@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                  Have Pm'd you
                  Steve

I tried to Pm you but you haven't got it activated in your User CP
                  If you activate it I'll send you my mobile number

no can do, less than the required posts and not donated
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Donation

Hi Koi..... I must admit, I had no idea that that there was a donation thing, even tho I will be changing my car, I will still donate to the group, as it has been real good to me, I will have a look around to see how to do it

Comment

Hi Koi..... I must admit, I had no idea that that there was a donation thing, even tho I will be changing my car, I will still donate to the group, as it has been real good to me, I will have a look around to see how to do it

under general titled 'subscription' its a sticky so will be on the first page near the top
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

Got the LC

Well I have had the L/cruiser since friday, what an awesome vehicle this is, pulled onto the motorway on the way to work tonight, looked down at the speedo and it was doing 100mph s_ _ T this engine is pokey! and the good thing about it is, you look in the rear view mirror and see no clouds of smoke in the head lights behind... well I suppose I better put the surf in the auto trader this week, can't afford to keep both, not with a thirsty 4.5 litre petrol unit under the bonnet.
                        I have done 250 miles so far, and at the moment, it don't seem tooooo bad, I will do a possitive mpg this week and will let you know what it's like.

ps.... is it still ok to come in on the group when I have sold the surf?????
                        would still like to be one of the lads.

Comment

...ps.... is it still ok to come in on the group when I have sold the surf?????
                          would still like to be one of the lads.
                          Hey, we could hardly kick ya out for buying a vehicle many of us would also like to own
                          Maurice
                          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Cheers Morr

Comment

Working...
                            X