Is my head gasket gone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my head gasket gone??

Just bought 2.4td surf beginning of last month, had her for few weeks when the heater started taken about 20 min to heat up. Then one day stuck in traffic she started to overheat checked to see if thermostat was ok to find it had been removed. Ordered new 1 put in and all was ok, heater working grate not over heating. Then a trip up to home to the Isle of Skye for the weekend 200miles car went grate thought the oil press gauge was acting funny a bit lower than usual changing depending on speed and hills. Any way got to Skye and went to change anti roll bar bush when I noticed oil dripping from the transfer case. Well when I say dripping I mean the transfer case was soaked in oil and many other parts. It seemed to be coming from the back of the engine quite far up.
    Not a lot I could do on Skye so I nursed her back to Glasgow. No problems seemed to be losing some water so I kept her toped up also kept very close eye on oil which seemed to go down a wee bit.
    I think my head gasket is gone, if it is I only hope my head is ok. Has anyone got any comment or advice on my sick girl

That pesky car salesman again!

If you got it from a Dealer take it back to them 1st & get them to check it out as you have a 3 month warranty by LAW
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Private sale I will need to tackle the problem my self unfortunately. I’m Just worried about extensive head damage as they are no cheep.

Comment

Watch this space regarding a new head, as we have some good news regarding 2.4 heads so dont go buying one just yet.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Took car to garage to have her looked over the mechanic seemed very good he had had dealings with surfs before. He was sure my problems didn’t lie with the head gasket, he thought I was possibly loosing water due to the water pump, and loosing oil due ether from the back of the turbo or the rocker cover he reckoned they commonly leek there.
          Any way he advised me not to strip the head but to check these too things out.
          Cheers mark for Stevo’s number I have a feeling I will need it in the future.

Comment

No problem mate he now supplies Heads to us FORUM members at a really good price either bare head or complete with cam & valves.
            KOI is going to stick something up shortly.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X