STEERING SUDDEN LOCK UP/out of the blue/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEERING SUDDEN LOCK UP/out of the blue/help

as said while driving a long upto a mini roundabout, just out of the blue steering just locked up,felt brakes had too.no power steering, oil level ok,

no belts have snapped, battery dead, all lights on the dash light up, and do not go out.no steering at all. brake servo locked up? as well?

need help to fix please.

there is a vacuum pump as part of the alternator, if this fails then your brakes would be affected, if your battery is also flat, then i would suspect the belt as it drives both the pump and the alternator, also the power steering is belt driven, and belt failure would also describe your symptoms, double ckeck your belts, make sure none are loose or even missing, make sure they are all turning freely with the engine running (visual only, no hands near the pulleys)
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

just read the duplicate post below, stating all belts in place, so check they are all turning freely.
      [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

belts??

have checked belts no movement at all? what is nextto do ? no doubt got a job on here to fix,i can feel it.

oz

Comment

see the post in General forum............

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Not going your way

Hi my advise hear would be to remove all the belts and findout what part has seezed my bet would be the alternator as I have had trouble with these sorts of alt's before but the answer is to go step by step any which way you look at it dude parts aint cheap so could be painful. Could you let me know what you find so I can put on file. Cheers and good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X