Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloys

Hi all
    I bough my surf with a set of alloys on. I have cleaned them but they dont look like it!! Is there any way to get them looking like new (without replacing them? would a brillo pad do the trick(wire wool) or does it damage them..
    Thanks

Hi,

You can get them refurbished for around £50 a wheel - do a search on google "alloy wheel refurbishers" or something like that, there are lots about.

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
      Hi all
      I bough my surf with a set of alloys on. I have cleaned them but they dont look like it!! Is there any way to get them looking like new (without replacing them? would a brillo pad do the trick(wire wool) or does it damage them..
      Thanks
      If you have the time they can be polished with ever finer grades of wet and dry and then with a polishing kit.

http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/S...l/SR5Wheel.htm

This link shows you how.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
        Hi all
        Thanks
        Hi, take a look at the photo of my alloys, they were a bit dull in the 'gleam' department, and looking at them closely i noticed it was the clear coating that was making them look dull.
        All I did was to use some nitromors paint and varnish remover (yellow tin for fine detail work,) brush it on a small section at a time, and wipe off in about 15 seconds. after that a quick polish with Maguires alloy polish,its a bit like Autosol, but smells nicer.
        I done my wheels about six weeks ago and they'er still shiney Vince.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 6 October 2004, 20:41.

Comment

Refurbishing

If anyone needs their wheels fully refurbished i know a place near Hereford that did a set i had on a discovery for £15 per wheel pluss VAT.

Did a really good job, looked like new.

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X