Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Grill Removal

Hi All
    I've got side running lights that dont work. they are wired with scotch connectors from back of side lights I need to get grill off to do the job properly.
    How does it come off ( 91 SSR Ltd )

Ron

Originally posted by Ronone
    Hi All
    I've got side running lights that dont work. they are wired with scotch connectors from back of side lights I need to get grill off to do the job properly.
    How does it come off ( 91 SSR Ltd )

Ron

If I remember correctly, the whole front chrome fixture has to come of as well, there are generally some plastic "push-in clips" keeping the grill facia on. Lift the bonnet and look across the top and you should see them...be careful theyre very easy to snap...
    Gaz

Comment

Thanks Gaz
      If you dont know what your doing with trim I find you can do a lot of damage trying to force things . Thats why I thought I'd ask you guys first

Cheers Ron

Comment

The clips will break anyway. The part number for them is T90647-12040. They are .60 each and you need 7 to 9 depending on the year

Comment

So where can the clips be purchased from, using that part number??
          [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

You need to take your side lights off first, 2 screws in each one.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by kevinse9
              So where can the clips be purchased from, using that part number??
              Probably only Toyota.

Cheers

Comment

I tried to remove sidelights they seem to be atached to grill, that is why I was asking about grill removal If I could get sidelights off that would do, to get at the wiring . If you take the two screws out should the light come out .?

Ron

Comment

Remove the 2 screws and gently wiggle the light till it comes free then remove. you will have the wire attached to the bulb holder.you have to remove sidelights first to get grill off
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

I tried to remove sidelights they seem to be atached to grill, that is why I was asking about grill removal If I could get sidelights off that would do, to get at the wiring . If you take the two screws out should the light come out .?

Ron
                    Like Marky says, they need a wiggle, pull them forwards, to the front of the car. Often they are tight, and you need to lever them forwards with something non-scratchy between the back end of the lens and the fornt wing.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that Marky, Had the screws out but it seemed well atached didn't want to force anything . Ill give it a good wiggle.

Ta Mate.

Comment

Thanks for that Marky, Had the screws out but it seemed well atached didn't want to force anything . Ill give it a good wiggle.

Ta Mate.
                        Theyre maybe a rubber seal which is stuck
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Right lads thanks again Ill give it a go

Ron

Comment

Working...
                          X