Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Radiator from RT

Hey all,

Just changed the rad on my old 2.4 auto, just wanted to share my positive experience of the Roughtrax unit if anyone was considering one. It was about £200 quid and fitted no bother. I live in the Scottish highlands and it still arrived only two days after ordering, very well packaged also. So, big thumbs up to RT (again).

I changed it as a precaution really, the old one was looking very ropey (1992 Surf), with most of the fins missing! Also, split, cleaned out and re-filled the viscous fan (as I couldn't remember the last time I'd heard it blowing!).

Noticed during the job that my electric fan temp switch was crumbling, and when the wire actually fell out the fan would run constantly when the ignition was on. Again, it's something I've never heard running, so it has either never worked or never been needed! I've got one coming from a guy who's breaking Surfs on eBay, fuse is out for now...

Apart from that, my only other problem is that she sometimes turns over a wee bit before starting, I suspect the diaphragm in the fuel primer head is split/perished and letting the fuel drain back overnight, or that air is getting in somewhere. I'll investigate further when changing the fuel filter at the next oil change.

So, the old girl rumbles on, never let me down, does everything, goes anywhere and gets a lot of admiring glances even with her rusty door bottoms! I've had more offers for this old jeep than any other car I've had, I could have sold it 10 times over!

Thanks to all on here for the helpful posts, past and present,

Cheers now.

Good news. Nice to know that RTs couriers can locate places like Keith and Archiestown without difficulty. just one thing, when you buy from RT youre supposed to mention Barry as if he was your oldest and dearest personal friend. everyone else seems to. Just saying.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
    X