Fuel Breather Clogged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Breather Clogged?

hi, I have been puzzled for the last few months why my hilux 93 2.4l has very rough start have to crank for atleast 10 seconds before starting and very bogged down on hills and that. anyways i noticed when I take my fuel cap off a very loud hissing comes from it which led me to further investigate that my breather may be clogged. I took my fuel cap off and tried to start her BANG started perfect for 1st time ever... anyways I got the breather off the truck but NO ONE in town has or knows what im looking for ... is there anyways to clean my breather? or do I need a new one also I need the part number for it if anyone knows it please!! thanks

breather comes off the top of the fuel tank through the chassis up to the filler neck.
    Simple solution that others have done drill a couple of small holes in the filler cap.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

If I remember it is a ball valve in line which runs up beside the filler tube. It sticks shut giving you the symptoms you describe.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
        breather comes off the top of the fuel tank through the chassis up to the filler neck.
        Simple solution that others have done drill a couple of small holes in the filler cap.
        hi i might have removed the wrong thing? it looks like a inline fuel filter ? il post pic, from the sounds of it i am looking in the wrong place because this was on the opposite side of tank clipped onto it

http://www.imagedump.com/image.cgi?file=565912.jpg
        Last edited by jode; 4 September 2015, 18:28.

Comment

here is pics of filler tube and what i believe is the breather?
          http://www.imagedump.com/view.php?file=565913.jpg
          http://www.imagedump.com/view.php?file=565914.jpg

on the filler tube i see no inline type of anything or ball valve? i took the filler tube completely off and seen nothing

Comment

Cant see images as they are marked private

bur from memory what you have described is correct for the tank breather

Have you done a search on here as there have been multiple write ups on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
              Cant see images as they are marked private

bur from memory what you have described is correct for the tank breather

Have you done a search on here as there have been multiple write ups on them?
              sorry about that the pass key to see the pics is surf

Comment

i've done the hole in the fuel cap thing and its not great. fuel leaks out when your on steep angles.
                you should be able to wash the valve out with petrol.
                just remember to put it back in the right way around.

Comment

Working...
                X