Anyone used these bj spacers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used these bj spacers??

Hi guys has anyone used these bj spacers, any problems, how long you've had them in and are they structurally sound?
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...987690&alt=web

Thanks
    Kyle

thats about as micky mouse as you can get.
    get the solid spacers.
    also thats not a 2" lift kit, looks more like a 5"+ lift.

Comment

I don't get the logic of those spacers. There's far more manufacturing involved to make two (what looks like 10mm) spacers and then weld in a tube.

The single billet blocks are far easier to make and ridiculously more stronger.

Go with the solids, 100% of the time

Comment

total fail, in every sense.the holes are too big, in the wrong position,it has no structural integrity and you are relying on someone else's welding.
        and i dont like the colour.if you have to use BJ spacers,go solid.
        contact Over Fabrication, via ''surfenstien'' on this forum,if you want some that are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
          those are 2" lift ones and are excellent.
          don't forget to use quality graded bolts.

Comment

they are actually 20mm ones,

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
              they are actually 20mm ones,
              which gives about 1.5"-2" lift.
              mine are only 25mm thick and give 2" lift.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
                which gives about 1.5"-2" lift.
                mine are only 25mm thick and give 2" lift.
                Ahhh, you've found a way of re-writing the laws of physics then!!
                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                  Ahhh, you've found a way of re-writing the laws of physics then!!
                  no, its call leverage.
                  if people 3000 years ago worked it out, i'm sure you can to.

Comment

It really does not take much working out!! adding 25mm bj spacers will not lift the overall height of a surf by 50mm, regardless of leverage!!!!
                    And if you're going to "shoot me down in flames" please at least learn to write in english, Ta

Comment

i just machine what im asked for,lol.
                      i do know that gen 3 front and rear coil spacers give double the lift of the component,dont understand why,though.
                      but out of interest,i asked the guy at Over Fabrication, who i make them for,if this was the case,and apparently it is.
                      something to do with angles and pivot points,and the effect of moving the pivot location.
                      all a bit over my head,even when explained with 2 rulers as an example,but the logic was sound, so i guess i learned something.
                      im sure a more mechanically minded person could explain it better.

still a bit baffled myself,lol!

Comment

Not convinced in any way shape or form. Maybe Mark or String will convince me with rulers when I go see them (planned to be soon as I have loads of bits for them to recycle)
                        Thanks Scott.

ps... having put 50mm bj spacers personally on a more than one surf, I can tell you the physical measurements of lift were not 100mm.

Comment

Imagine the letter "A", put it on its side.

In a situation where the spring sits inboard of the strut (as it does on a Grand Vitara) then the spring (not the strut) would represent the "cross bar" of the A and yes, a 25mm spring spacer would provide more than 25mm lift, how much more would depend on the distances between the control arm pivot and the ball joint, and the control arm pivot and the spring seat - however when the spring is over the strut and attached to the spindle and the ball joint, the two distances measured become the same, and the effect is significantly reduced, if not eliminated completely.
                          Last edited by surfenstein; 3 July 2015, 19:29.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheers Marky!!!

So basically on a Surf, 50mm BJ spacers give approx 50mm of lift!!!

BTW any way of knowing what weekends you are going to be at OVER?

Alan

Comment

Working...
                            X