Lower ball joint replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower ball joint replacement

Think I'm having one of those stupidity days, finally got round to replacing the lower balljoints, having removed the first one ages ago, tried to put the new one on and just cannot see any holes for the two bolts at the back to go in to, I can see all four bolt holes from underneath, but can only see the the two nearest the inside from the top, what am I missing?

Do I need to take the hub / disc off to get to the two bolt holes at the back?

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
    Think I'm having one of those stupidity days, finally got round to replacing the lower balljoints, having removed the first one ages ago, tried to put the new one on and just cannot see any holes for the two bolts at the back to go in to, I can see all four bolt holes from underneath, but can only see the the two nearest the inside from the top, what am I missing?

Do I need to take the hub / disc off to get to the two bolt holes at the back?
    are you trying to fit the top ball joint to the lower arm?
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Just in case....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...Rkk&authuser=0

This one might be better, shouldn't need permissions (I hope)...if only I knew how to work google.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17...ew?usp=sharing
      Last edited by andyverran; 31 May 2015, 19:38.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure that it's the right balljoint I'm fitting, lol

Thanks Andy, managed to find a video online of someone doing the same job. It's been a while since I removed the bottom balljoint and thought that the four bolts went in from the top. According to the video, they go in from the bottom though, funny how the manual I have shows nothing on how to remove them.

Thanks for the PDF Andy

Comment

Working...
        X