yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine check on BUT surf drives great still?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine check on BUT surf drives great still?!?

Hi, have been reading through previous threads but cant seem to find anytning on this: and i dont have a paper clip to hand!

Been driving with no problems and now the engine check light comes on and off- about equal spacing. I'm shitting it as i assume its bad news coming, but the surf still drives fine. Ive pulled over as not wanting to drive.... But need to get home!

changed fuel filter yesterday so maybe related? Bt as said, surf drives fine...

Thanks

Jim

It'll be ok to drive home.
    How many seconds apart are the flashes and which light is it?

Comment

Thanks. It's the red engine check light, next to the green turbo light. Turbo light and turbo work as normal.

I did drive home and funny thing is, once I left the city and hit the main road - the check light no longer came on UNTIL i drove through the village at home!

So basically, the check light only comes on when driving slow - up to 30mph or not accelerating! If I put my foot down, the light goes off!

Any thoughts? Thanks

Comment

As you've re[placed the fuel filter recently, it could be just an air bubble in the fuel. Probably clear itself eventually.

Try re-setting the ECU to clear the fault codes/extinguish the check light..

Comment

Thanks Bushwaker - i think you ate right that's air. Ive been driving it around (was a bitch to start - so put diesel dirrect into the injector tube after the fuel filter) but now it has waves of loosing power.

Maybe the problem is here: with engine at idel and also tested with revs, the pump of the fuel filter CAN still be pumped. It was my understanding that it should go stiff and be impossible to press?

Would replacing the fuel filter housing be the solution? Sourcing one here in Estonia maybe a little tricky...

Comment

Working...
          X