Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly New Diesel Pump

Hey all,

Bought a used pump off flea-bay for 100 quid and took it to TT Automotive in Loughborough.

Cost me £311.75 for the work done which includes a strip down and clean, rebuild with new gaskets/seals and test and calibration.

The company give a warranty on all work undertaken by themselves although I forgot to ask howlong

Before and after pictures attached.

Not attached to the Surf yet as I need to get a new Rad before I get the work done but thought I would share for anyone who, like me, isn't comfortable doing a pump repair.
    Attached Files
    Leaky Surf

Did that include Viton seal upgrade?

Comment

Not sure what a Viton seal is. Is it a brand of seals or a specific part? Sorry I'm still a bit of a novice
      Leaky Surf

Comment

its a nice bit of bead-blasting,thats for sure!
        and that sort of even finish is pretty good,take it from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark7081 View Post
          Not sure what a Viton seal is. Is it a brand of seals or a specific part? Sorry I'm still a bit of a novice
          Viton are the veg friendly heavy duty o'ring seals.

Comment

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

I honestly couldn't say if they are veggie friendly. On the couple of occassions that I rang then to ask about the work initially, they were very helpful answering my questions so I'm sure if you rang or emailled them they would tell you.

As for the finish, pretty sure I heard mention of it being cleaned using some sort of sonic method.
            Leaky Surf

Comment

they would have put it in a sonic bath after the external prep.its just a very good deep cleansing process using sound to oscillate small partials and impurities out . got a nice one at work,very good for cleaning 4 bank motorbike carbs without having to totally strip them.
              all in all.sounds like a very well executed refurb.
              will definitely keep them in mind,let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

I'll certainly post an update once it is installed. I'm seriously thinking of getting the one that will be taken off the truck done and either keeping it as a spare or flogging it.

The company itself, I shall be keeping them in mind if there is other stuff they can do for me if I need it. They have a website and the premises are easy to get to.
                Leaky Surf

Comment

just had a look,definitely a site worthy of a bookmark!
                  thats a good find.

Comment

1993 toyota hilux surf wiring diagram

hi,I still haven't got my surf running yet,rebuilt new engine from top to bottom, its a 1993 2.4td ssrx efi Toyota hilux surf,[manuial] not auto. after rebuilding the engine it will turn over but just will not start,compresion on en gine is good,valves r all fine,i need wiring diagrame for it,its an electrical problem apparently an earth problem,but havnt a clue where to start,have cleaned up some of the earth wires in the engine bay but I realy need wireing diagrame,its to do with no power going to the pump as its not injecting any fuel through the injectors.can anyone please help me,ive just got over chemo treatment and need somthing now to keep my mind off my treatment and getting Toyota surf will do that , b greatfull for any help atall.

Comment

Working...
                    X