Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie wants help!!!

Hi Guys

I have recently purchased a Surf (1993 SSR-X 2.4TD)

Im looking to do a service on this and wanted to know what to say to my local Car Accessories shop, as they cannot find this model in their books.

Is this engine also used in any UK toyota vehicles?? If so which ones??

Im looking to change oil, oil filter, air filter, glow plugs etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also what about alternatives for things like Shock Absorbers and other components??

Thanks

Your best bet is to try Milners (www.milneroffroad.com) or Roughtrax (www.toyotahilux.com). Both do all the bits you need by next day mail order. Just quote them model no (LN130).

If you ever need to order bits from a Toyota dealer, you'll also need to give them the full Vin no, including the model details off the Vin plate on the front bulkhead.
    Mike G

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, its much appreciated!!!

Comment

I've been told that the pick-up version sold here shares alot of its parts with the Surf. brakes etc

Comment

^^^Thats the sort of thing i want to know because i have a friend who works at the local car spares shop.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPoppa
            ^^^Thats the sort of thing i want to know because i have a friend who works at the local car spares shop.

I know for my 2LT the air, fuel & oil filter are the same as the pick up, just need to check the air filter as there are two sizes for the pick ups, you need the larger of the two.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Working...
            X